Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2001, 09:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Still Sailing?

This might be a really silly question to post, but in light of recent strikes on Afghanistan, will cruises (to the Caribbean) still sail? We're on Century this Sat & I'm just wondering...

Anyone else sailling on Century 10/13??
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2001, 10:07 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Still Sailing?

There is no reason for them not to sail. Security has been increased after the initial attacks on 9/11. Just give yourself plenty of time and have a great time on the ship. Personally, I would feel more comfortable out on a ship in the middle of the ocean in a big town (like Atlanta that I live close to).
Old October 9th, 2001, 01:56 PM
Robocop

Jenn,
Most certainly they are still sailing! Security has been stepped up considerable and you are much safer onboard a ship than you are at home or in any other type of vacation. You will have to undergo a little more hassle in checking your identification and luggage etc but consider it all the price to pay for a safe and wonderful vacation. Go and enjoy and don't let there terrorist win by stopping you from enjoying your life. That is exactly what a terrorist is, one who instills terror to stop the normal ways of life. They win ONLY if you stop doing what is normal and enjoying life.
Jim
Old October 9th, 2001, 08:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you Michelle & Robocop (aka Jim)...like most people, I think, I don't mind a little extra hassle/waiting to be sure things are safe & secure...in fact, I hope that's what we experience!

I just didn't know what the cruise line's policy was on sailing during conflicts! I figured the Caribbean is relatively safe--we've been looking forward to this trip for months...I hope it's all we're pumped up for!

Thanks again...