Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2001, 02:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Drinks prices

We are strongly considering taking our honeymoon on a pacific cruise. We have never been on a cruise before and would like to know about the price of many thing on board. For example...What is the price of a beer or a glass of wine? This is a holiday of a life time for us and we can only just afford it, so i need to know the cost of the items on board so we are not washing the pots half way through the cruise.
Cheers Rob
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2001, 07:03 AM
Margi

Default Re: Drinks prices

You didnt say what cruise line you were interested in.

www.cruisenewsdaily.com
has a price list for just about everything that Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
offer.

www.mytravelco.com
also has a good price list.
Hope this helps.
~margi~
Old October 24th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Yeoman

I know that the drink prices on Carnival where not really much different then what we would pay in a restraurant on land. My husband had a guiness beer and I think it was $3.00ish and I had a virgin strawberry daquiri for about the same. They get you pool side by selling you the souviener glass too, then it is about $7.00 for the drink and the glass. Soda is also extra about $1.75/glass. Iced tea, lemonade, and juice are free.

How much you spend on the ship is totally dependant on what you want to do. The spa treatments are much more expensive then on land. There are excursions in all price ranges.

Please mention what line you are thinking about sailing. That will let more people give you a better idea of prices.
Old October 25th, 2001, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Hi, Rob ...

Will you marry ME ???

Oh, I guess you have other plans.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage !!! I can't imagine a better honeymoon than a cruise.

As Michelle said, prices are pretty much the same as you'd pay at a restaurant on land. Where it all adds up is that most of us don't go out to restaurants every night or sit around a swimming pool every afternoon sipping pina coladas. (Now, wouldn't THAT be nice?)

It all depends on how much you drink. One beer or one glass of wine probably won't bust the budget. Alcohol is a big profit center on land and at sea.

Depending on the cruise line you choose, you may be able to do some self-supplying for use in your cabin for either booze or sodas. Some policies alllow it, some don't.

The other expenses to think about are on-board tipping (figure $10/day for both of you, specialty restaurants on board, and expenses when you are in port. Also porterage tipping at airports, etc.

If we can help you figure out your budget, the pencil sharpener is poised and ready to go.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor