Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2001, 03:32 PM
Beerman

Default Warning!!

Thank you for all your comments about Carnivals mislaid payment and true, a coke card does not nearly compensate the stress and aggrevation put on us by their embarkation officer for almost throwing us off the ship for non-payment until they called my T.A........but this is not a gripe. It happens and the bottum line is "carry your documentation" until you disembark at the end of the cruise. They have alot of paperwork and sometimes humans do make typo's.
I was not impressed with the way they handled this but the cruise was otherwise great, the ship was fantastic and they did not bother us again.
I plan on cruising Carnival again but until I am at least one day into the vacation will keep my defenses up. May not seem like much of a vacation then.

P.S. I left NO tips. Do you blame me?
Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2001, 05:09 PM
JohnQ45

Default Re: Warning!!

Yes, I do Blame you for not levaing a tip!

It was not your Waiter's,or Cabin Steward's fault that Carnival mis-laid your payment and caused you trouble. These are hard working indiviuals who served you reguardless of the situation at hand.

Why do they have to suffer becasue of their employers fowl up.
Old November 25th, 2001, 10:45 AM
Admiral

I'm with John. The staff had nothing to do with the mess. If you received good service, you should have tipped.

pamda -- CM FIrst-Time Cruisers Editor
Old November 25th, 2001, 11:27 AM
Passenger

I agree. Not tipping hurt those who tried to make sure you had a great time and probably didn't even know about the situation. A letter to the company would be better. I would be upset too. I can only imagine how frustrating it was for you. But, computers and people do make mistakes. I'm sure this is a very rare occurance.
Jeannie
Old November 27th, 2001, 07:22 PM
Passenger

Ya how could U i mean if u were to work for not much money and lived off of tips and didnt pay u because someone made a mistake would U get MAD??