Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2001, 07:49 PM
First Mate

Default Need Advice Fast

3 college buddies and I would like to take a cruise on either 12/15 or 12/16. We have narrowed down the choices to a 7-day Souther Caribbean cruise on either the Celebrity Infinity, RCI Radiance of the Seas, or the Princess Dawn Princess. As novice cruisers though we need advice on which cruise is best for us. Briefly, we are all 30 year olds, single, and heterosexual. While we are all successfful attorneys and thus prefer upscale amenities, we all also like good old partying. Finally, we are all very outgoing and enjoy a wide range of sports. Any advice you could offer with regard to which cruise would be best for us would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2001, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Need Advice Fast

Hi DAvid,
Actually all 3 of those ships would be a wonderful cruise for all you guys, but from what you've said I tend to go more toward RCCL's Radiance of the seas. Of the 3 they are a little more lively, expecially in the evening, in fact all 3 have great southern itinaries, I honesly don't think you would go wrong with any of them. Do let us know which ship you do finally decide on, OK?

You may also want to read through the section here for "first cruisers", lots of neat information:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>
Happy Cruising!
Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old December 5th, 2001, 08:38 PM
Admiral

I think I'd choose the Infinity ... but that's a personal bias toward Celeb.

You do, of course, realize that Donna and I will be sailing with you guys just to make sure you behave ???

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old December 7th, 2001, 07:33 AM
donnajo

Normally, I'd say the Infinity. I am also very fond of Celebrity. But, Celebrity is very quiet and not as upbeat as Royal Caribbean. You will have more fun on Radiance and more of a chance to meet other people your age. Have fun!
Old December 8th, 2001, 04:12 PM
First Mate

Thanks for all of your advice on my question. You have hit on many of the questions and concerns I was having in trying to decide which cruise would be best for this trip. While generally I would lean toward the Infinity, given the group of guys who are going we have decided RCCL will probably be more what we are looking for this time. Thus, we have decided on the Radiance and are looking forward to a great cruise. Thanks again for responding and I will be keeping my eyes open for Donna and Pamda

Dave
Old December 8th, 2001, 10:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Dave,
I think you made a great choice, bet you guys have a blast!
Sure wish I was going

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host