Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2001, 04:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Vicki
Default Alcohol???

Can I bring my own alcohol in my luggage????
(This is my first Cruise)

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2001, 08:18 PM
Robocop

Default Re: Alcohol???

Just make sure it is in the 'checked' luggage and not the carry-ons and also that it is in a container that is unbreakable. Then again, unless it is a very special brand or something, why bother. Just buy your drinks already made, the prices are just as good or better than you receive at any resort or many bars. Bringing your own self-made drinks in public is very tacky, rather like going to your car and making a drink to take into a club, just not quite proper.
Jim
Old December 15th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'll be buying/sneaking/doing whatever I have to to enjoy alcohol in the sun . . . . tacky or not! anyway We are leaving Thursday, January 3rd at 4 pm. The name of the ship is "Imagination". I'm 20 and male. . . are there a lot of people my age that go on these things ?
Old December 17th, 2001, 02:21 PM
Robocop

Brian,
You are below the minimum age to consume alcohol onboard a CCL ship. Doesn't matter if you or I even agree with the rules, they are there and that is a fact and you should refrain from partaking. It isn't necessary to drink in order to have fun, and in many cases it tends to lessen the fun. Think about it. The fact that many people under the age of 21 are not capable of controlling themselves has hurt others under 21 in that they can no longer book a cruise unless they have someone over 25 with them!
Jim
Old December 18th, 2001, 08:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

I've been partying for as long as i can remember, and it's a well known fact alcohol actually increases fun haha, actually c'mon dude I'm a college student on break, what else am i suppose to do ?

I will be drinking so if you wanna nark, go ahead but I won't be "making a fool" out of myself . . . i will be sitting by the pool gettin' faded . . . will you be drinking ? Who cares about some DUMB AMERICAN LAW!!!

that is all for now
Old January 30th, 2002, 03:43 AM
sandie

Brian
intending to take your own alcohol on board is a personl choice that also maintains a great amount of responsibility with it. Now that you are nearing the legal age but fall short of it still remains a fact of breaking carnivals guidelines,. Being a responsible adult and not out to make an ass out of ones self is the key to success and having a good time. Trust me when i tell you at one time or another all of us (although wiser with age) have all done the same....Just enjoy yourself but be courtious of others and use discreation (the key word) as we all know knowledge is power so you can have a wonderful time throughout the week of your cruise just use good judgment....have a great time and be careful...watch your back