Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2001, 10:10 PM
pns

Default help, please???

my husband and i are both disabled. we will be traveling on our first cruise 3/21 - 24/02 on royal carib, sovereign of the seas.

we both use heavy power wheelchairs -- can someone tell me where and who we can call ahead of time to find out if we will be able to be tendered in our wheelchairs at the various stops?

our chairs are much too heavy to be carried down stairs so we will need a ramp of some sort to get off of this ship --

does royal caribbean have a phone number i can call? i have been unable to find anything on the net --

thanks --
Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2001, 08:36 PM
Robocop

Default Re: help, please???

pns,
this is something that your Travel agent is supposed to handle for you and should have already done so and gotten back to you with the infomation. Call your TA immediately and tell them your situation and make sure they notify RCI so they will be prepared and have you in a handicapped cabin! Very important!
Jim
Old December 22nd, 2001, 12:27 PM
Admiral

pns ...

Robo has it right, this is Travel Agent territory.

I looked at your itinerary. You should not have a problem in Nassau (I can't remember ever tendering at Nassau) but CoCo Cay could be another story. We have tendered at other private islands.

Just spending the day onboard is not a bad thing.

Robo is also right on the handicapped cabin. Gently insist that your cabin be on the boat (as in lifeboat) deck if at all possible. Your situation is unique.

If you have to "juice up" your wheelchairs with electricity, make sure that you take a heavy-duty power strip with you.

You may also want to check your dining seating assignment ASAP to make sure that you don't have to motor all the way across the dining room to get to your table. The dining room staff is very accomodating for such requests.

Bottom line, make SURE that your TA knows about your challenges and gets right on it.

More important, have a great first cruise.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old December 22nd, 2001, 03:26 PM
pns

robocop and pamda --

thank you both for your responses!

i will definitely call our travel agent "again" this week to see if i can get some assistance from her --

we are in a handicapped room so i am glad for that -- i just want to know beforehand whether or not we'll be able to get off of the ship so that i can plan accordingly.

thanks for the tips --- i am going to print them out right now!

happy holidays!

pns