Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2002, 07:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Am I going to freeze on the ship?

Hi everyone,
I realize this may be a silly question for those who never get cold. Unfortunately, I'm not in that category, I get cold very easily and have a sweater with me almost always. I just got the official documents for my cruise on the Norwegian Sea in January and I'm making a list of what to pack.
Are the ships generally cooler than 75 degrees? Any input would be great, I just want to pack accordingly.

Thanks
Sara
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2002, 01:24 PM
Sue Sue

Default Re: Am I going to freeze on the ship?

It is often chilly ->cold in the dining rooms, lounges and on deck at night. Make sure to pack your sweater. If once you reach your first port and have found you need more warmth, you could then pick up something extra.
Old January 2nd, 2002, 01:25 PM
Yeoman

You should be able to adjust the temperature in your room. I know that I shut the a/c off many nights because I get cold easy too. If you get chilled below 75 make sure to bring a sweater to dinner and the shows because it is cool in those rooms (the a/c is set to keep the waiters and dancers comfortable). You might also need a sweater on deck after the sun sets, it does cool down a bit especially on the windy nights. During the day you should be fine.
Old January 3rd, 2002, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Hi, Sara ...

There is some agressive air conditioning going on in the public rooms aboard ship. I'd recommend taking a cotton cardigan in a bland color and, if you have any $$$ left over after making the final payment, a pashamina shawl in black, off-white or another neutral color would be a terrific addition.

Shawls are easier to deal with than things with sleeves.

Cabin stewards have a nasty habit of turning down the A/C so make sure you tell your guy/gal that you like it WARM. I don't know about you, but if my feet are warm, I'm sort of warm. So take some socks.

And have a terrific cruise !!! Any more questions, just ask.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor