Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Default Choosing a cruise?

I have never been on a cruise. One of the reason for this is the fact that you have to dress up, which I'd rather not have to do. My idea of a vacaction is shorts, t-shirts, and sandals. Are there any cruises out there were this is accepttable. The only one I've been able to find are the Windjammer Barefoot Cruises. and I'm not sure if these would be for me. I would kind of like the anonimity (sp??) of the larger ships and they seem like there would be alot more to do abroad them. Or is it possible to take one of these cruises and avoid all the dress up activities?

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Cruise Maniac
Default Re: Choosing a cruise?

The beauty of choosing a cruise vacation is you can do whatever you please. A little, a lot, etc. Most cruises are quite informal during the day: bathing suits, sandals, shorts, etc. At night most will wear fairly casual clothing such as Khakis, golf shirts, pant suits, and casual sundresses. On the formal nights (maybe two), most will dress up a bit more. I know they have tuxedos to rent, but we never did. My husband wore a sport coat and tie and it was fine. We only took a couple items to dress up with and wore them to both formal nights. Who cares? You will see everything! Just try to be respectful and tasteful and you will be fine!
Old January 28th, 2002, 09:34 PM
First Mate
Default Re: Choosing a cruise?

Hi...I would suggest Carnival. They are the least formal of the cruise lines. You still have to dress nice on the formal nights but they are the most casual of the lines that have the big ships.