Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Good medication for sea sickness

I'm going on my cruise next Friday and I don't want to be caught without something in case the ship is a little bumpy. I get sea sick very easily.

I've tried dramamine but I was asleep in 15 minutes last time I used it. Can anyone recommend any medications/wrist patches that don't make you drowsy?

I'd like to be awake and enjoying the cruise, even if it does get a little bumpy.

thanks
Sara
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2002, 03:04 PM
bre

Default Re: Good medication for sea sickness

I get motion sickness too. I used a patch for it. The name of it is Transderm Scop. I didn't have any side effects from it. You have to have a precsription for it. (I have never had a problem getting it from my doctor.) I don't like dramamine either, it just didn't work well for me. I put the patch on the night before we left so it was in my system. We had one pretty rocky night and I didn't feel even the tiniest bit woozy. It goes behind your ear and you replace it every 3 days.
Old January 17th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Passenger

Go to a health food store (or even your drug store) and get some ginger pills. Honestly work!! They even give them to children or pregnant moms for nausea. No after effects.
Old March 4th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I swear by Bonine. (I get car sick at the drop of a hat.) We just got back and had one slightly bouncy day and I took two that day and had no problem. It also doesn't knock you out either. I usually just pop one a day (and more if it's a rough day)

Harry Martin