Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Default Where are from....?

Let's all come out of the woodwork and post:

Where are you from and what is the weather like.

CruiseAholic & KayakGuy, Hagerstown, MD, but work in just outside DC.

Right now, it is snowing so hard that I can't see across the street.
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Default Re: Where are from....?

Hi! I live about an hour or so north of Kansas City, Missouri. KC had a KILLER ice storm last week & they had to get help from other states! A lot of people still don't have power! We were lucky! We got ice, yes, but, we got the snow-KC got the ice! Never lost our power! YAY!
It is a pretty nice day out today. Supposed to be low to middle 40s.
50s tomorrow & 60 on Saturday! It will fluctuate between the 30s & 50s for the next several days! Oy! No wonder we're always sick in 'these parts'!
My husband & I are going on the Carnival Triumph in April for our 25th Anniversary! We will be in St. Thomas on our actual anniversary date!
This is our very first cruise & I am so excited! A bit leary of the excursions, because I am so nervous about getting back to the ship on time! Some of the excursions take 4, 5, & even 7 hours!
But, I don't want to spend my whole trip shopping. Don't get me wrong! I LOVE to shop & I plan to do my fair share, but, I want to see the beauty of these places, too!
Wow! Only a little over 2 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are staying in Miami for 2 days before & 1 day after the cruise!
South Beach-here I come!
Well, sorry to ramble!
Have a great day!!!
I am so excited about the cruise! We have a cabin with a balcony! This is going to be a GREAT vacation! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!11
Old February 7th, 2002, 10:44 AM
First Mate
Default Re: Where are from....?

What excursions are you taking? We went on exc. from RCI's Explorer last month and took shorter ones, but we stayed with the group and didn't go off on our own. If you are on an official exc. and stay with the group, the leaders will make sure you get back in time. BTW, I'm from Dayton OH and the weather is 30's and sunny. How I envy all those Explorer cruisers enjoying the beach at Labadee today!