Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Passenger

Default claustrophobia?

Hello, I will be going on my first cruise is May around the Greek Islands. We decided to go for an inside cabin, and I am just concerned about the size etc. Does it get stuffy in there? And will I feel claustrophobic? Also, what about that swaying feeling? How bad does it get when you are lying in bed trying to sleep--? Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2002, 02:05 PM
chelsea

Default Re: claustrophobia?

We had an inside cabin on our first cruise last year and are getting an outside one this year. I think whether or not you feel claustraphobic depends on whether you suffer from claustraphobia all the time as I do. The cabin was large and spacious even with five of us in there, but i definitely would have preferred a window. It didn't bother my husband or kids one bit, they would have an inside one again. I could only feel a tiny bit of motion at night on the one night that the weather was bad. It was the best sleep I ever had, the beds were very comfortable and just the tiny motion you feel rocks you to sleep. I hardly even noticed it to tell the truth.
Old February 20th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Passenger

well, there are going to be 2 of us in the room, and apparently the beds are bunks beds. i don't really get claustraphobic often unless i am in a pitch black teeny tiny space, but who wouldnt!? is there a shower and toilet in the room? (our books says private shower and toilet- just wondering if that is what that means)
Old February 20th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Passenger

oh- and one more thing-- were you ok in the inside cabin when you had it? or were you freakin out?
Old February 20th, 2002, 04:59 PM
chelsea

Hi again:
Yes, actually I was fine in the cabin, as long as I didnt think about there not being a window, because I hate not to be able to see outside. And...there is a curtain that gives the illusion of a window anyway. So to answer your question...I didn't freak out!! ~!There are night lights for reading above each bunk which is nice. It is very roomy in the cabin and there is a nice sized bathroom with shower with one of those hose type shower heads you can take down. The water is very hot...so be careful. Sink and basket with some sample toiletries, lots of hooks and places to hang stuff. Good cupboard space, the cupboard has about five shelves, and a space for hang-up things and a dresser with three or four drawers.
Old February 27th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Marnie

Unless you go with a suite, the cabins are all pretty small. The difference in having a window is more psychological, you think it's a bigger cabin. I think the only time the space is annoying is when several people are trying to get ready for dinner at the same time. You'll feel the ship a little, but unless the sea is really rough, it probably won't bother you. Don't worry about it; It's kind of fun.

Keeping the cabin organized can help a lot. there's lots of advice on what to pack to help keep your things organized under this section and the packing section under Practical Advice.