Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2002, 07:30 PM
dwynn

Default single cabin? Roomy?

I'm booked as single. Does that mean it is really a "double" cabin with only one person in it or is it a smaller cabin? Don't have an an assignment yet, just "GUAR". My friend, who couldn't make up her mind to go, is expressing interest but the cruise is sold-out. I don't really want to share if it is indeed a smaller cabin. Heck, I don't really want to share, period ! I've been told that the cabin is like a hotel room in Vegas. You're only there to sleep, shower and...Is this true? She's into clothes; I'm into gadgets. Speaking of which. Will there be an outlet for my laptop, camcorder, and cooler (for insulin)? I can bring a power strip. Thanks much.
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: single cabin? Roomy?

Hi Dwynn,
Yes, you cabin would be for 2, but since you booked as a single, it will be just for U!
You can also bring a power strip, sound like you could use one. It is true, you don't spend an awful lot of time in your cabin, but we've found, when we have a balcony, we definately are there more, sometime give one of those a try, they are great for cruising.

Have Fun

Tuesday Chat Host
Old March 19th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Default Re: single cabin? Roomy?

Hi, dwynn ...

As usual, Donna is on the money. Your cabin will be "normal" ... they haven't yet started putting singles into cells.

One hint on the laptop. Do not use the wall power "live". Instead, charge your battery pack (I usually take two). If you don't have a fridge for your insulin, your cabin steward will take care of keeping it cool for you. Or you can take a collapsible cooler and keep asking for ice.

You will spend more or less time in your cabin, depending upon the cabin. If you have a balcony, it's irresitable to spend more time there an on a pool deck.

Let us know if we can help more.