Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2002, 10:46 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaried
Default carnival victory

We are taking our first cuise in July a 7 day Western Carribean we have 3 girls ages 15, 11, and 6. I hope I've selected the right cruise line. I don't want to feel like I'm at a holiday inn. We have 2 balcony rooms . Please give me any tips or suggestions. We will finalizing our trip this weekend. I want to make sure I got the best deal. our total trip is 7,780 including air and insurance.

Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2002, 01:31 PM
Marnie

Default Re: carnival victory

You've probably already finalized your vacation plans by now. I don't know about the price because I've never booked 3 people in a cabin before, but it doesn't sound bad.

I think you'll love the ship. It's way better than any holiday inn I've been at. Your kids will love the water slide. Even if they aren't good swimmers, it doesn't matter because it doesn't dump you in the pool. The slide just levels off at the bottom and you come to a stop. The Carnival Capers newsletter will appear daily under your cabin door and lists all the activities with times and locations. Make sure your kids read it.

One thing, don't expect to be able to get from one end of the ship to the other on every deck. Some have dead ends. Use the Promenade or Lido deck and you'll be sure to locate most everything.
Old April 12th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to lburnette Send a message via Yahoo to lburnette

I took my kids on Paradise in Sept of '99 and they loved it! They were 10 and 12 at the time and they had a blast! I was on Destiny last year and the way they designed the slide is much better with you having a landing pad and not landing in the pool. My kids loved the activities with the Conselors and even got special seating at the shows! They had the best seats in the house. They also loved being able to treat themselves to ice cream all day long!! Carnival also offers soda cards which allow your kids to get unlimited soft drinks - it was $19 per child then, it may be a little more now. This was definitely worth the money. Also at Camp Carnival they will give the kids one of those things that goes around their neck to hold keys - the counselors punched holes in their soda cards and room cards and put them on this - it was great, they never lost thier cards.

We are taking them on Explorer of the Seas in June and we are really looking forward to it. Our total price, excluding air, but with transfers was about $4,400 (4 people) for 2 balcony cabins. We live in Atlanta, so air was much cheaper on our own. Have a great time and feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Lisa
Old April 19th, 2002, 10:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

You girls will love the Carnival Victoryt im a 15yr old girl and i went on the victory it was so much fun!!!!! There is camp carnival which has kids programs for all age groups and everything lots of stuff to do on this ship have fun!!!!!