Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2002, 08:13 PM
Passenger

Default gurantee outside vs. assigned cabin???

Hi, I'm about to book my 1st cruise (Celebrity's Century - Western Caribbean) and I was wondering if I should book a guarantee outside or if I should get an assigned cat. 7, mid-ship cabin. The fares are the same, but I have been told that I might get an upgrade if I book the guarantee outside. Since I've never cruised, I don't know if it's worth giving up the mid-ship location for a "possible" upgrade? Can anyone give me some adivce? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2002, 09:31 AM
marnie

Default Re: gurantee outside vs. assigned cabin???

I would go for the guarantee, but I like the balcony and would be willing to take the chance. Everything above a 7 should be higher up in the ship and mid-ship location would be less important to me on higher decks. You could check Celebrity's site to see which cabins are still open. That'll give you an idea of where you might end up. If there's lots of cabins still available in locations that are undesirable to you, then go with the assigned cabin. If you really have no idea, I'd go with the guarantee and see what happens. You'll have a wonderful time.
Old March 29th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

It also adds a sense of excitement!

Harry
Old March 30th, 2002, 08:37 AM
AJ

I would go with a guarantee personally you know what the lowest category is going to get so if you get a few levels up your surprised. But if you just have to remember if you do not get what you really want are you going to be disappointed and have it ruin your cruise? I have always been lucky and have been moved up at least 2 category's on a guarantee but you never know. I really liked the Century it is a really nice ship went on it over 9/11 last year.
Old April 25th, 2002, 01:27 AM
Jennifer77

I'll be traveling on my first cruise on paradise this May and I too paid for guranteed. I'm hoping to get the upgrade, but if I don't that'll be ok, because we'll probablly won't be in our room much anyways.