Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Sail and Sign Deposits w/kids??

Hi..
As fas as the hold they will put on your credit card for the sail and sign card how much is it? 350.00?? Will that be per person including kids..?? I am taking my 4 teens 12-16 as well as myself and hubby. That would really add up!

THanks..
Paula...
Victory Aug 4th, 2002
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Sail and Sign Deposits w/kids??

When my husband and I took our kids on a cruise, we only put a hold on for the two of us (I believe it was $300 each). I didn't want the kids to be able to sign for anything. I was also afraid they might lose the card. They were too young to be able to order alcohol from the bar, they wouldn't starve as food was available at any time so the only thing they would have needed for was to shop in the stores on board - which wasn't happening without us. Mostly souvenirs and things like that. As far as beverages, iced tea, lemonade, juice, coffee, tea and hot chocolate were always available free of charge. We purchased soda cards for the kids ($19.99 per child) when we boarded the ship so they could get soda at any bar or in the dining room at any time. They also have a soda card available for adults for approximately $29.99 for the week for those who don't drink alcohol.

As you can see, there was really no reason for the kids to have their Sail and Sign cards activated for purchases. We plan to do the same thing when we cruise on the Carnival Legend this November.
Old April 18th, 2002, 11:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Sail and Sign Deposits w/kids??

Well that sounds perfect.. I didnt know that I had the option of not getting them a sail and sign card..Thanks so much for the info...

Paula..
Victory Aug 4th, 02
Old April 21st, 2002, 02:57 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Sail and Sign Deposits w/kids??

Hi Paula,

Just to clarify - the kids will have a Sail and Sign card for identification (ie getting off and on the ship in port, but you do not have to activate it for purchases therefore making it a little more secure if they do lose/misplace it.

kp