Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2002, 10:49 PM
Passenger

Default Unsure

Me and my children will be going on our first cruise on the Celebration sailing on 7/11.
Would like info on the ship and crew other than what the brochures, etc. have to say. Still unsure about the sail and sign cards. Do I have to put up a deposit for my kids? They are ages 8 and 12. Also, our cabin(picture window) is on the main deck and mid-ship. I was offered not once, but twice to up-grade. I didn't. Should I have up-graded? Any info, advice, comments will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Unsure

Hi Cristy,
You may want to read through this members review of Celebration, should help with a lot of your questions:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...lebration8.cfm

As for the sign/sail cards, you will have to give the cruiseline a credit card number to charge all of your onboard expences to. You can decide if you want your kids to be able to actually put charges on their cards and how much, just be sensibleable about what they can purchase, etc. You may also want to think about purchasing a "soda" card for them, those drinks can add up fast and if they do drink a good amount, you should have some savings in that.

For the upgrade they offered you, just look on the ship diagram and see if the upgrade looks good to you, sometimes they are and sometimes not, sounds like your cabin now is in a good location and already an outside, so go and enjoy!

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 20th, 2002, 07:09 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Unsure

Thankyou again Donna
Old April 24th, 2002, 01:27 PM
First Mate

As far as drinks are concerned, I found that they had punch freely available and FREE through our cruise on the Paradise, which can save you a nice chunk of change! Not sure if it's the same on all ships, but they can avoid all of that soda too...

Happy Cruising!
Old April 24th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Passenger

Thanks Jean,
I think we will stay away from the sodas. Besides, I sure don't want my kids to get tanked up on caffeine and sugar. As for the bar drinks......After I saw prices posted from other people, I think I will forgo those as well.
Old April 26th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Cristy - there are always drink of the day specials of the day - both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. The prices aren't that unreasonable if you just have one or two a day. I've paid more in restraunts and bars than on some cruise ships!

Old April 26th, 2002, 11:28 PM
Passenger

I guess you're right Lisa. One or two won't hurt. It's my vacation and I probably could splurge a little. lol
Old June 7th, 2002, 05:39 PM
lovecruis'n

Default Re: Re: Re: Unsure

Christy,

Here's an idea. My travel agent called the cruise line that I'm traveling with June 16, 2002, HAL, and they said that I could bring on board with me, a bottle of wine to consume in my room. You'll have an ice bucket in your room which the cabin steward should keep filled for you, so that you can chill your wine. This will save you some $$, and most everyone enjoys a glass of wine every evening.

Have a great time, and let us know how things go on your cruise!