Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2002, 02:11 AM
Passenger

Default boarding time

We will be in NYC in the early morning, and Our ship does not leave NYC till 5pm. We'd like to drop bags off and then do a little sight seeing in the city before the ship leaves. How early can you drop bags off, and do you have to stay on boat until it leaves?
P.S.---we're taking the Carnival Triumph
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: boarding time

Hi, Jane ...

New York is a highly "organized" port, if you get my drift. Show up at the pier, a porter will "happily" take your bags and you won't see them again until you're in the cabin.

I can't see any problem with dropping them off early, as the porters will "happily" be assisting the folks getting off the ship.

However, I've never dropped bags off before the scheduled boarding time but I have dropped them off and gone to visit friends, etc.

The price of "happiness" at the NY piers is about $2 per bag.

Just make sure the cruiseline tags are on your bags and keep everything you couldn't stand to lose with you.

You can go on and off the ship at will once you have checked in. Just don't forget your card.

You're in for a real treat. Leaving New York harbor is one of the cruising world's real thrills !!!

Old June 21st, 2002, 02:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: boarding time

Hi there, I took the Carnival Destiny a year in ahalf ago. As a suggestion I think it would be wise to get to the port early get your baggages and your paper work done and stay at the port. Reason being the line to get on the ship can get rather long. It would be nice to site see NY but if you want to do this your should go a day early. Even if you get on the ship early and the ship doesnt leave until 5:00pm. There are so many things you will want to do. Look around the ship, eat something, lay out by the pool, and they will have an embarkment talk somewhere on the ship you do not want to miss. It gives you alot of info. The later you arrive at the port and on the ship the more busier it is. This is my suggestion. What ever you decide have a wonderful time and enjoy. Oh yea one more thing make sure you are on the top deck at 5:00 when you are leaving so you can get a view of the city and take pictures it's pretty. Lynnie