Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2002, 12:46 AM
Passenger

Default First Time Cruisers Website

Hi All,

After returning from our recent 1st cruise to Alaska, I put together a website (URL below) designed to help answer the questions I had pre-cruise. Stop by and check it out. Feel free to let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Check out my guide for first time cruisers http://www.vsn.org/cruise

6/2002 Radiance Alaska
10/2002 Radiance Pacific NW
11/2003 11-Night Eastern on the Brilliance
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: First Time Cruisers Website

Vicki, Vicki, Vicki ....

We may have to send you to the cyber-principal's office. I visited your website and read your review of your first cruise. Sounds like you had a great time.

HOWEVER, you're asking CruiseMates to read your information and don't even mention CruiseMates as the best, most authoritative place for on-line cruise travel information? National Geographic thinks we are.

Tsk, tsk.

We have a dedicated area for first-time cruisers (where we are right now), tons of professionally-written articles jam-packed with information from experienced cruisers, many excellent member cruise reviews for practically any ship that floats and even a sometimes lovely and/or talented first-time cruisers editor (that would be me) available both on-line and in e-mail.

I hope you don't mind a gentle tease on a Monday morning. But, please, do take some time to look around. I feel quite confident that CruiseMates will be on your list of favorites very soon. Also, join us for our nightly hosted chats 9-11 Eastern Time.

Glad you had a great first cruise and that the next one isn't that far off !!!

Old August 12th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: First Time Cruisers Website

Oh how rude of me. You are so right. How dare I plug my website with narry a mention of yours. ;-) I am happy to say that has been rememdied in my links section.

Unfortunately I had not found any cruise discussion sites prior to my cruise so largely went it uninformed my first time out. As a writer, it was important to me that I do this site just after returning from the cruise while the little details were still fresh in my mind. I didn't know until after the cruise just how obsessed I would be :-)

Check out my guide for first time cruisers http://www.vsn.org/cruise

6/2002 Radiance Alaska
10/2002 Radiance Pacific NW
11/2003 11-Night Eastern on the Brilliance
Old August 13th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Re: Re: First Time Cruisers Website

Vicki,

A very thorough site you created! Kudos.

I also found it interesting you used Jim West's little cruise book, too. That was one of two book purchases I made before our first cruise. The second was Pamda's book, "Cruise Control." Of the two, it's Pamda's I always go back to -- and have loaned it out to our receptionist who is leaving in November for her first cruise.

I would have to agree with Pamda that Cruisemates is the better of the cruise sites mentioned. I checked out the other you mentioned several years ago and found the message boards on cruisecritic.com difficult to navigate. As the years have gone on, I've found many more things to make this my preferred cruise site.

Just my thoughts, but again, was most impressed by the scans and all the details you wrote.

Harry