Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2002, 03:35 PM
lizygirl

Default Parking at Julia Terminal in New Orleans

I am driving from Alabama on Oct. 13 to catch the Inspiration. Should arrive in New Orleans at 12:00 ship leaves at 6:00. How is the parking, do you think I will have a space, are their alternate parking close by. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2002, 09:11 AM
nbreth

Default Re: Parking at Julia Terminal in New Orleans

I'll be on the Inspiration the same time as you and from what I have seen posted on this site there is other parking available. I was told to get there before noon if you wanted to park in the security parking area.

Nancy
Old September 15th, 2002, 09:40 AM
lizygirl

Default Re: Re: Parking at Julia Terminal in New Orleans

Thanks... Maybe will bump into you on board.
Old September 17th, 2002, 09:28 AM
nbreth

Default Re: Re: Re: Parking at Julia Terminal in New Orleans

We are driving from Tennessee the Friday before the cruise so we can spend so time checking out New Orleans. We are looking into leaving our car on the navy base while we cruise.

Nancy
Old September 20th, 2002, 01:13 PM
lizygirl

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking at Julia Terminal in New Orleans

How far is the Navel Base, the couple we are travelling wtih are Military, maybe can get a good rate parking. or no fee at all
Old September 20th, 2002, 03:42 PM
nbreth

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking at Julia Terminal in New Orleans

When I called the base they said that the cruise ship piers were about 10 minutes away. Most bases do have a short term parking area that don't cost anything. We even checked out the cost of a room at the navy lodge. $57 per night for 4 people.

Nancy
Old October 15th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Shangrilq

Default Re: Parking at Julia Terminal in New Orleans

Just returned from NO Holiday 9/28 a couple of weeks ago. One of the worst things about the cruise is the MESS to get your luggage and the long lines for people to pull to to get their luggage and get out of there. TIP:Limit amount of luggage you take and put some VERY distinctive markings on it so you can find it quickly and get in the line to get out of there.There is NO carousel like at airports and if you have a lot of luggage it can take you 30 minutes or longer to get your luggage and get in that long line outside.The quicker you get your luggage you quicker you will get away from the lines.(Of course you can imagine the mess when I was there as cruise was cut short one day because of Lili and everyone was evacuating New Orleans so maybe that was why it was so bad that day)I also noticed that people that had parked at the Fulton St Garage and few blocks away(free shuttle to terminal) seem to fare a lot better and got out of there much quicker than people that was parked on the terminal lot and one had to get luggage while the other got the car and had to get in that long line and just be patient until they could get to the curb.