Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2002, 09:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Alcohol on board

Hi! I;m going on my first cruise today! I wanted to know anyone's experience with bringing your own liquor on board. (ie 2 bottles of wine in carryon) Has anyone done this recently & had no problem?
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2002, 12:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Alcohol on board

You should be OK. Just be prepared to have it confiscated and returned to you at the end of the cruise.

Old September 24th, 2002, 04:23 PM
emgrace

Default Re: Re: Alcohol on board

My husband and I brought a bottle on our first cruise, but packed it in our checked luggage. You should have no problems with breakage as long as you bubble wrap and zip-lock them. I think trying to sneak it on in your carry-on is a bad idea, especially if you don't want it confiscated. Enjoy your trip and the wine!
Old September 27th, 2002, 02:11 PM
First Mate

While I'm in the same boat (what the heck, pun intended!), I will quote from the Carnival sheet.

Alcohol is not permitted in the cruise, however if you are having a special occasion you may bring aboard champagne or wine. A corkage fee will be charged if consumed in the dining room.

Heck, I'm on vacation, so its a special occasion, but I do feel hard pressed to try to put 12 bottles (4 champ, 4 red, 4 white) into my luggage. I will bring them in my carry on (wine box).

While I don't think I will have a problem (comments all you experts?), I already have their regulations memorized.

Jeff

PS> Thanks *SO* much for some wonderful info and expertise!!!
Old September 27th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Brad Krewson

Hey you are on vacation just buy it on the ship. Whats a few extra $$$$. ENJOY..

Brad

Post Edited (09-27-02 18:03)
Old September 28th, 2002, 12:03 AM
First Mate

Better selection where I go.

I admit it, we are foodies and one of the great things is having a good wine paired with dinner, I read their selection, and for the same price I bought some *really* fine wines.

Off we go on Monday!
Old October 15th, 2002, 09:08 PM
Shangrilq

Default Re: Re: Alcohol on board

Notice Jeff has that section memorized! I brought on a bottle of champagne, a large bottle of wine and several plastic two litter bottles of my favorite diet drinks. Now, if you attempt to take on a whole case of wine that might be a different problem.In port of New Orleans the national guardsman did come by and asked us what was in the cooler and I told him. He asked me if their was any hard liquour in it but never opened but did tell me it would be opened and checked later and it was. They just made sure the labels were intact.