Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Hune

Default Help!!! Rate Decrease

I booked my cruise through Dynamic Travel (www.dynamictravel.com) because they gave me the best rate for Airline Employees (Interline discount). I paid $228.21 for a 4A category guarantee on the Carnival Fascination departing next month. BUT!!! I called back today, after reading the posts on this board about checking back with the TA to see if the rates decrease, and now the rate for me is $208.21. I didn't speak to the TA that I was dealing with but the person I did speak with told me that once you book they do not offer any rebates etc. if the rate changes. I wanted some input from you all on whether I should fight this. I wanted some insights to better prepare me before I phone the TA that I had dealt with (ammunition if you will). Can I make them give me the lower rate? I don't think you can cancel and then rebook without a penalty can you? Saving every penny counts so I don't just want to let this go. If they refuse to give me the discount, should I ask for a greater upgrade? My boyfriend's birthday is on that day so I am expecting (hoping) the upgrade fairy will be genorous as it is. Also, the departure date is Nov. 15th (I only booked a couple of days ago) will it decrease even further? Should I wait until it decreases more before I call my TA? Or will the price rise again and I should call her now?

Please respond ASAP,

sincerely, Frantic (Hune)

P.S. I tried the TA's in the bargain finder here and they couldn't get me a better rate.
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Help!!! Rate Decrease

This close to sailing, it is unusual to get a further discount. If you were more than 60 or 70 days out, depending on the cruise line, you could re-book at the lesser rate. You have a great rate anyway, enjoy your cruise and don't sweat the small stuff.
Old October 18th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Hi, Hune ...

If you were happy with your original booking price, just stick with it. Going through tons of hassles for $40 just isn't worth it.

As you found out from Bargain Finder, you already have a terrific rate.

Bon voyage !!!

Old October 18th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Hune

Turns out although the other TA's in the company weren't very helpful. Our TA was excellent. She was on the phone with Carnival for about 15 mins. (I know because I was on hold on the other line). Any way long story short, they couldn't do anything about the change in price but they did upgrade us to a 6A cabin!!!

So the moral of this story is...it never hurts to ask no matter how bleak things may look.

27 days left!!!

Sincerely, Hune (secretly hoping to be upgraded to the presidential suite upon embarkation :P)