Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2002, 09:39 AM
Jennifer Phillips

Default First-Time Cruisers

My friend and I (we are both in our late 20's) are planning on going a cruise in April 2003. What is the best cruise line. We want something with a lot of activities and that is fun for 20 year olds. We don't want something that has a lot of children on it. Please help.
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2002, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Default Re: First-Time Cruisers

Take a look at the Windjammer Barefoot Cruises.

Old October 21st, 2002, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: First-Time Cruisers

Hi Jennifer,
Just a thought, but April is still the time when a lot of kids do have spring breaks and Easter is also later this year in April, so plan on seeing some kids onboard what ever cruise you decide on.

One of our favorite ones was RCCL's Explorer of the Seas. There is a ton of onboard activities, enough to keep you busy for an entire week, in fact we could of used a few more days just to explore the ship. They also have great kids programs, so in a lot of instances, you really won't see that many, they seem to love going to their groups.

They have a "Voyager" class ship all over the Caribbean, Eastern, WEstern and Southern. Also a lot of great shows, especially the Ice Show and the parades on a few nights, I think you all may really enjoy this type of cruise, good luck!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 22nd, 2002, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Default Re: First-Time Cruisers

Hi Jennifer,

I'm 25 and my fiance is 27 and we've taken two cruises this year, both on Carnival. We never had a problem finding people our age on the ship. Especially on the shorter, 3- and 4-day cruises, Carnival can have a very lively, young crowd! The nightlife on these ships is great.

Donna's right, lots of families love to take their kids on cruises, but most of the time the kids are shuffled away to the children's programs and you don't see them.

Our first cruise was on May 9, 2002 and that seemed to be a good time to go to avoid kids... too late for spring break but too early for summer.

Good luck finding the right cruise for you... it's out there somewhere!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Fantasy Fest in Key West