Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2003, 10:44 AM
Beginner

Default Guaranteed?

My Husband and I are ready to a book a cruise and hear that when booking a cabin the way to go is guarantee??? Am I right in understanding that this means you don't get to choose your actual cabin number but it means you are guaranteed at least the level cabin you are paying for, but in the event they all get booked you will automatically get a bump up to the next level? Has anyone done this and is there a reason we shouldn't do this?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2003, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Guaranteed?

This is really personal choice and not one I would recommend for a first time cruiser.

Has anyone done this and is there a reason we shouldn't do this?- You could end up in a bad location! Under or near the disco, under or near the Galley (kitchen), in a totally obstructed view when you wanted an Outside View, etc. To determine what is best for you find out what the difference in Price is for a) Inside Cabin, b) outside cabin, c) balcony cabin and them each one of those options as a guarantee. Sometimes the cost is not that much different. I like the security of knowing exactly where my room is located.

Good Luck.
Old January 23rd, 2003, 04:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Guaranteed?

Hi Clr,
If you are going to book a "guarantee" just book the least catagory cabin you would want, most likely, thats what you will end up with, but there is always that possibility of something better. You should never book this way expecting an upgrade, just doesn't happen all the time.

Here is a link to a great article that explains the guarantee booking process:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...guaranteed.cfm

Message Boards Moderator