CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   First-Time Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/)
-   -   travel irons (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/278405-travel-irons.html)

Cheryl February 6th, 2003 01:36 PM

travel irons

MY HUSBAND & I WILL BE GOING ON THE RAPSADY ON2/9/03. WE ARE FIRST TIME CRUISERS. MY QUESTIONS ARE; CAN I BRING A TRAVEL IRON ? CAN I ALSO BRING A SMALL COFFEE POT? WE CANT HARDLY WAIT 3 MORE DAYS!!!!!

Sudsy February 7th, 2003 09:26 AM

Re: travel irons

my wife will be bringing a travel iron with her. we picked one up at walmart.
as for a coffee pot i wish i could but can't find the room :^( We leave on the Destiny
Feb16th first cruise for us.

Cheryl February 7th, 2003 10:06 AM

Re: Re: travel irons

hey sudsy, u & yours have a great time!!!!!! cheryl

LisaK February 7th, 2003 10:20 AM

Re: Re: Re: travel irons

i have a travel iron, i have packed it in the past, never have used it, won't take it on next cruise. Order your coffee from room service!! place your order the night before and it will be deliverd to your stateroom at the requested time.

Solotravler February 7th, 2003 01:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: travel irons

I'm a 1st time cruiser & I was wondering the same thing. I've read on other boards that travel irons are sometimes taken away on some cruise lines. I've read it was better to use a portable steamer or a wrinkle releaser, or leaving clothes in the bathroom hile you take a shower & let the steam get the wrinkles out. I'm not sure of what I'm going to do yet. I know I won't pay the cruise line to press my clothes.

Devan March 13th, 2003 03:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: travel irons

What's a travel iron? Is it like a regualr iron? If we can't take one along, is there a way that I can get my clothes pressed or iron?

Solotraveler March 14th, 2003 10:17 AM

A travel Iron is a smaller compact version of a regular Iron with a collapsible handle. The cruise lines can press your clothes for a nominal fee.

Devan March 14th, 2003 12:12 PM

Can u still take a regualr iron? if it's not big?

Kuki March 14th, 2003 12:19 PM

Re: Re: travel irons

We use a travel steamer.. works as well as any iron, with less work, and less of a hazzard.

Joanne B. March 16th, 2003 04:44 PM

I had the same questions as we got ready for our first cruise, but had no room for extras like a travel iron, hair dryer or mini coffee pot. We were on the Grand Princess. Almost every deck had a laundry room with built-in ironing boards and irons (free of charge). We walked up one deck to the buffet and brought coffee down to our balcony every morning. Our room had a hair dryer, too. Hope you have as wonderful a time as we did on our first cruise!

Devan March 17th, 2003 01:02 PM

I will be going on the S/S Norway. I know it's a much older ship so I don't know if they will have iron and hair dryer available.