Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2003, 05:31 PM
bob krason

Default bring alcohole aboard ship

Friends told me and confirmed by my travel agent, that you cannot bring any alcohol on board ship(NCL). We wanted to celebrate the start of our cruise with a bottle of our favorate wine. Also, we would like to have an occassional drink in the room before dinner, etc. The ship will get it's share of our money at the various watering holes throughout the cruise.Could anyone explain what the cruise lines policy is about bring alcohol aboard ship? Thanks for the help. Great site.
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2003, 08:44 PM
camille

Default Re: bring alcohole aboard ship

Hi Bob,
My husband and I got back from our cruise abourd the Celebrity Constellation a couple of weeks ago.We carefully packed a bottle in our suitcase and it made it to the room just fine.Also,I don't know anything about Norwegian,but on our ship,there was a liquor store that allowed us to buy liquor and bring back to our room.
Have fun!!
Cam
Old April 29th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Chuck Gibson

Default Re: Re: bring alcohole aboard ship

Royal Caribean has a policy to hold any liquor until the night before you leave the ship. Regardless of this I have seen people bring cases back from the duty free shop and take them right to the room. I have also seen a lot being 'held'. On two cruises we left from San Juan, and everyone was in the duty free shops buying and taking back to their room. The sales clerk told me to get a non-store bag to put my liquor in, so I went back and got a beach bag, had no problems. All of this being said, you can buy duty free from the ship as soon as the 3 mile limit is reached, and for a 9 or 10 dollar corking charge, take it back to the room. When you can get two bottles of Absolut for 20 bucks, it is still a deal. I don't know about wine, I only drink that at dinner.
Old April 29th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: bring alcohole aboard ship

That's their "stated policy" but it is sporadically enforced. Pack some in your suitcase, pack some in your carryon, buy some in the ports and buy some in the shops on board. You will get some in your room some way.

Regards,
Thomas