Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2003, 07:35 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to carla823
Default Re: Weight Loss Before Cruise

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm happy to say that I started going back to the gym a little over a week ago. I'm up to 45-60 minutes of cardio each time plus my weight-lifting. I haven't noticed a weight loss yet but I also had a call from mother nature that same week! I'm cutting way down on my carbs, drinking lots of green tea and water. I"ve also added breakfast...Atkins Advantage bars. They are fantastic!! Very low in carbs and high in fiber! I'm hoping by adding breakfast this will help. Less then 8 weeks to go!! Thanks again for all the info!

Enchantment of the Seas - Royal Caribbean
Old October 24th, 2003, 03:14 PM
smile4me

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the weight loss challenge. Thanks for the company Carla I am going on a cruise Mar 1 '04 and I have 20 lbs of pregancy weight to loose. My baby is 7 months so I've pretty much lost all I'm going to loose on the 'initial post pregnancy loss'. And this 20 lbs is proving to be really tough to loose. I workout and stick to about 1200 cals. a day - except on weekends. I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 140 and my scale hasn't budged in 2 months! I would welcome some advice on quick loss.
Old October 24th, 2003, 06:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Weight Loss Before Cruise

I feel for you. I still have my pregnancy weight and my youngest is 8 years old!! I've lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks so if I keep it up...20 will be off before the cruise. That's 55 lbs this year...with 35 more to go! Good luck to you!

Old October 27th, 2003, 02:11 AM
sarahp

I'm cruising to Mexico in January...I started working out in early July and have seen minimal results...my advice is to just discipline yourself because I'm not, however my goals have gone from losing 50 pounds, to just working on firming up so I don't jiggle when I walk I'm to the point that I don't really care anymore because I'm just too excited to get cruisin! It's just exciting to know that I'm not the only person who is stressed about losing weight! :-)
Old October 27th, 2003, 09:36 AM
smile4me

Default Re: Re: Re: Weight Loss Before Cruise

I'm sure I'm going to downsize my 'goals' too. And you're right Sara, I think when it's all said and done, the important thing is to enjoy yourself and think you're worth a million bucks and that's the only thing people will see - not the 20 extra lbs you're carrying around. However, I did start Weight Watchers on Saturday. I personally feel it's the wisest program around. I think even if it doesn't help with this weight loss splurge I'm hoping for, I'll be a healthier individual long-term and be healthy for my son as he gets older which is when I'll need it most. Good luck to you and have the best time ever on your cruise!!!
Old November 8th, 2003, 06:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to debv

Carla, can I ask how much you have lost?

Old November 8th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Passenger

Yes, I've lost 35lbs so far. At 5'0" I was up to 225. Being down to 190 is a large weight loss but not very noticeable. I still have about 50 to go. Being as there's only 28 days left til I fly out...I don't see me hitting that number!!

Old November 12th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Weight Loss Before Cruise

I have three teenagers.......16,18,20 (on Friday). When child number 3 was about 8 yrs old I figured I better lose weight as I was gaining - being 5'3" and weighing over 200 pounds. I lost 60 plus pounds. NOW I have a 1 and 3 year old and here I go again! I went for my yrly check up, the good dr pointed out that I weighed more than when I had my baby and that's all it took! I have lost 30 (since April). I will not stop until I lose another 50 pounds. Cruise is less than 2 months away - I am HOPING to lose another 15/20 by then. We shall see!! Good luck to you!!!!

Old November 12th, 2003, 07:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Anybody know of anything that gives good/fast tummy results? I currently do the treadmill for 30 min a day as well as 30 on the elliptical - this is 6 days a week. I need to work on the tummy and need fast results. I have the Denise Austin Abs tape - that's 5 min a day. What can I add to it? Thanks!!!

Old November 12th, 2003, 11:30 AM
acaroll

debv..
I just took my first pilates class...and I can tell you I have ab muscles hurting I didn't know I had...so I know they got a workout...pretty easy on joints no bouncing but lots of holding position and stretching....good luck!
Old December 3rd, 2003, 02:03 PM
gride

Greetings, If you are leaving this month (early Dec) then I would think that it may be hopeless to loose over five pounds;and all the great food aboard the ship.

I am a overweight woman and am at 24 years old I am 176 pounds and am only 5"5"
my boyfriend is taking me on our third cruise next Sun. I have done everything to loose the pounds but they keep coming back. I love my boyfriend and he is thin as a rail with
nice abs he always tells me I am beautiful; but I know he looks at the skinny girls and I know he wants me that way....

Kim
Old January 8th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Beth L.

My boyfriend and I just try to do cardio and weight training -- alternating them every other day and we have agreed on not eating out until our cruise in March. We have changed our diet for the two months that we have until our cruise (March 13-20) and we are losing weight and feel great. My boyfriend likes protein shakes and protein bars from GNC. They are very informative and helpful at any GNC store also.

Good luck and happy cruising!