Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2003, 03:34 AM
Jo1976

Default Best cruise for a couple in their late twenties?

Hi, im lookinginto going on my first cruise in the med with my boyfriend. We are both in our mid-late twenties and were wonering what the best cruise would be? Would like to be on a cruise with other people under the age of 35 (not meaning to sound rude) and hoping someone could advise me. Also, my boyfriend lives in jeans, so would it be a problem for him wearing jeans onboard (obviously not in the formal dining) as this is what he feels most comfortable in?

thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2003, 02:22 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to SRobinM
Default Re: Best cruise for a couple in their late twenties?

Jo,

I'm in the same age-range as you and we were faced with the same delima for our first cruise. My boyfriend and I have very particular tastes so we wanted to find the right thing for us. When you consider your cruise my travel agent said you want to consider lots of things including your age. It took me FOREVER to decide which one to go with because of this. The first thing I looked at was destination. Once I found where I wanted to go that I could afford, that narrowed it down to Royal Caribbean and Carnival, which happen to be the two suggested cruiselines from my travel agent, for our age group. Carnival is known as a "Family" cruise line and tends to have lots of children and familys as well as teenagers and young adults. But we chose Royal Caribbean because we liked what the boat had to offer for one, and we tend to have extravigant tastes for our age. (Like fine food, champagne, cigars, gambling etc. --our boat has a cigar lounge and champagne bar) So I don't know if any of that helps at all but I would suggest you pick your destination and price range and that will narrow your search. Then check some of the boards about the different lines to decide which one will suit your interest best. They might help too. And as for the jeans... honey it's his vacation...he's paying for it. He can wear whatever he wants! And you don't even have to go to the formal night...there are other places to eat on the boat. I'm so excited for our first cruise. I hope you guys have a great time on yours!

Stephanie
Old June 1st, 2003, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Best cruise for a couple in their late twenties?

Hi Jo,
I'd say if you are into lots of activities check out Royal Caribbean, especially the Voyager class ships, lots to do and even the rock climbing wall :-) They virtually have a ship in all areas of the Caribbean, so many to choose from. We also fell in love with Radiance, which will be in Alaska during the summer, but Brilliance does 10/11 days in the Caribbean, which I understand is wonderful too.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 2nd, 2003, 04:53 AM
Jo1976

Thanks for the replies. Im not going on a caribbean cruise, though, we're going to the Mediterranean (hopefully including Rome, Venice and Barcelona). Any suggestions for a quite casual, young cruise to this area? thanks!
Old June 2nd, 2003, 01:04 PM
Admiral

Since this is your first cruise and you want to cruise the Med, i would strongly suggest that you and your boyfriend sit down together with a local travel agent, tell her exactly what you are looking for in your cruise experience.
Old June 2nd, 2003, 07:55 PM
jennyb

stephanie:

Which cruise are you going on? It sounds like Navigator of the Seas maybe?

I'm going on the Navigator in July, when are you going?

Jenny
Old June 14th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to SRobinM

Jenny,
We're going on the Enchentment of the Seas in September.
Steph