Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2003, 08:51 AM
Passenger

Default Where do we eat breakfast and lunch?

We have PC dining, and I know which 2 dining rooms and the protocol for dinner. For breakfast and lunch, does it matter which dining room? Should we stick to one of the PC ones or could we choose from any of the 5?

I know we can also order room service breakfast or eat in the buffet, but thought some mornings we'd like a dining room.

Thanks much

Sonja
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Where do we eat breakfast and lunch?

Hi Sonja,
For breakfast and lunch you can go to the dining room they are using at that time, doesn't matter if you have PC dining or not.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 24th, 2003, 09:40 AM
Yeoman

You can also eat from the buffet on the Lido deck any time. SInce you metion PC, I'm guessing you're on Princess? The Horizon Court is the restaurant on Princess' LIdo deck, and has fairly good food. Also, you can get room service. You can order anything that is on the menu in the dining room during regular breakfast hours. The order form in your cabin doesn't tell you this. Just write what you want on the card and stick it on your door or leave it for the cabin steward.

Carnival Inspiration
Old October 24th, 2003, 10:14 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Where do we eat breakfast and lunch?

Thanks Donna and Linda!

I wasn't signed in for first message, so my handy countdown clock didn't appear, yes we'll be on Princess. That's a great extra tip about room service breakfast ordering something besides the choices offered.

We're amazed (and somewhat confused) at all the choices for meals - I think I could spend the entire cruise rotating between eating and soaking in one of the hot tubs........

For breakfast and lunch in dining room still follow the smart casual dress? Or would (nice, new) jeans be ok?

Sonja

Post Edited (10-24-03 10:17)
Old October 24th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Sonja- actually you can wear shorts in the dining room for breakfast & lunch. The menu is very limited - especially for breakfast it doesn't change much from day to day, We like to have a "little something" first-thing in the am out on our balcony , and then maybe a little bit later hit the buffet for something a bit more.
Old October 24th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Where do we eat breakfast and lunch?

Hi again Sonja,
For breakfast and lunch in the dining room, you can wear shorts and t-shirts, just no bathing suits. Its the nightly "dress" code you need to follow for dinner in the dining rooms. So, whatever you are wearing during the day should be fine for eating breakfast and lunch.

Message Boards Moderator