Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default reunion cruise for 20-somethings?

My girlfriends from college and I want to take a cruise as a mini-reunion. None of us have ever been on one before. Can anyone suggest a particular cruise line/ship that is good for this sort of group? We're not necessarily out to meet men, but we're not in the market for the "family" crowd (kids mainly). Thank in advance for any suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Default Re: reunion cruise for 20-somethings?

Don't know where you're traveling from, but by picking a port close enough to drive to will lower your overall vacation costs and probably attract more participants.

I would suggest going on one of the shorter cruises. A 4 or 5 day cruise for instance. While the people on these boards love cruising (that's why we're here) not all people will find it as attractive of a vacation as we do.

The mainstream cruiselines doing shorter cruises while school is in session will probably have the cruise you want. Get with a TA who specializes in cruises to help.

Also, on most lines if you book 8 cabins or more you get a group rate which generally means one cabin is free.

Good luck.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 27th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: reunion cruise for 20-somethings?

You would probably like Carnival, RCI, or Norwegian lines best. From what I have seen and read, the passengers are younger than on HAL or Celebrity for example, and they have a lot of activities that would appeal to younger passengers. If you schedule your cruise at times when school is in session, there wouldn't be many kids.

Carnival Inspiration