Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Refund/transfer

Unfortunately it looks as though my cruise partner has backed out (Carnival Imagination 11/15). I have a two part question:
Since she has backed out this late, by rules we are only entitled to 1/2 of the fare. If she were to get that refund, am I then responsible for increased price to a single since I would be in the cabin alone? If the price of the upgrade is more than the refund, can I just not have her show up and not pay any penalty, and have a single cabin?

OK theres more questions (my first cruise...be gentle). How hard is it to transfer the ticket from one person to another on Carnival cruise lines?

I am trying to decide on whether or not I should go solo or seek a limited refund, or try to find someone to join me. That would most likely end up being someone I have never met. Could be interesting and could be awkward. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Refund/transfer

Hi Mikey,
I'd give your travel agent a call and see what they can do and what the single fare would be if your friend backed out now?? At one point we were able to add a person to our cabin, that was no problem.

Hope you get it all worked out and can cruise, let us know what you find out.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 28th, 2003, 03:53 AM
kimba_99

Is there a medical reason for why she has backed out?? Does she know that you as well as herself will lose money..?? If not then you should not lose your money because of her, she should be held responsible for you being out of pocket since it is her desision not to go. At the very least she should help find someone else to take her place.

Don't think you can transfer tickets but cancelling one and adding another might be a good idea. What about taking your mum (nice Chrissy present!) or another friend or relative.??

Best idea is talk to your TA and get some advice from them.
Hope it all works out for you.

Cheers,
Kim
Old October 28th, 2003, 09:06 AM
Admiral

I agree with the others, talk to your TA and see if they can help you. Did she have trip cancellation insurance?