Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Brett

Default Brilliance of the Seas and their Discolored Water

Royal Caribbean's
BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS
&
Their Discolored Water

Three of us went on the Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas cruise on December 15th 2003. A problem came about and upper management was contacted. When I say upper management I mean Karen Coffey President's secretary and Patrick Irons Associate Vice President and Steve Morris Superintendent Marine Administration and Gordon Shenk Hotel Director and 2nd Captain Kevin Oprey. I notified the above of this problem which was that the water was discolored all over the ship and Steve Morris and Patrick Irons had agreed of that. They said they would take care of this problem and had ask the three of us on this cruise to keep this Low Profile and that they would make us quite a few promises that they did not keep. They even have video tapes of this problem. I even called the Karen Coffey and Patrick Irons and Steve Morris from Cozumel Mexico and this call also cost me about $100.00 Steve Morris and Patrick Irons said quote I am a man of my word. Well I can tell you that they are Not Men of their Words. They told us several lies and Karen Coffey even refused to take my call from Mexico because she knew she was not going to make this trip happy for the three of us. Royal Caribbean to me has the poorest Customer Satisfaction that I have ever seen. Upper management is also the poorest I have ever had to deal with. I feel that Royal Caribbean International owes the three of us a 4 day cruise on another ship, I feel like they owe the three of us a $400 credit each, and we should be upgraded to a larger room with a balcony. We are not asking for much from Royal Caribbean, we are asking just enough to make up for the trip that we took on December 15th 2003 If Royal Caribbean does not want to make me happy by meeting my Expectations above than we will Never go on another Royal Caribbean Cruise line again. If anyone would like more information on my cruise I will be happy to tell you. Feel free to email me anytime.

Here are two of the pictures I took while on my cruise on Brilliance of the Seas. I call it Discolored Water.
I have quite a few more pictures and actual Videotapes of this ships Discolored water throughout the ship.

For more information please email me @ tuffturtle@comcast.net

Discolored Water

http://bellsouthpwp.net/p/a/palomino...rilliance.html

Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2004, 04:52 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to pridevacation
Default Re: Brilliance of the Seas and their Discolored Water

You want a free cruise, and an upgrade cause the wated was dis-colored? Was this all over the ship, or in certain areas?

June 4, 20004 American Queen
November 20, 2004RCCL Grandeur/Seas
January 29, 2005 Carnival Sensation
September 11, 2006 Carnival Holiday
Old January 15th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

I took a cruise on the Crown Dynasty 5 years ago and was very unhappy. We had to evacuate our cabin due to fumes that were leaking in through the vents, the ship was being painted the whole time we were sailing, and the excursion we took was not as long as promised. The only thing we got from the cruise line was a fruit basket and a written apology. We said we would never sail with them again.

This is what I am getting at.... I think you are asking for way to much from the cruise line. If you don't like how you were treated or the condition of the ship, use another line. There are plenty out there to choose from and you have said your peace.

Enchantment Of The Seas

Explorer of the Seas Winter Get Away -- back to the aft cabin
Old January 21st, 2004, 09:31 PM
Leeia

Sorry to hear about your experience on the Brilliance. We just got back on Friday and had a lovely time. No problems at all. Perhaps all the kinks were worked out by then?