Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2004, 09:36 PM
Johnson48

Default Sleeping arrangements

My husband and I are planning our first cruise with our two boys (11 and 14 ). While trying to stay within our means, does anyone have suggestions on what works best as far as the bed situation goes-yet still have enough room for four people in one room? From what I can tell in brochures, there are rooms that appear to have bunk beds, and others with a twin/king, sleeper sofa and bunk. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2004, 08:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Sleeping arrangements

We are a family of four as well and have used the cabins with the fold down bunks. We place the two singles together and that creates a more open space on the floor at the end of the bed (near the wall). This is where we keep our overflow luggage that will not fit into the closet. The bunks fold up during the day and we just put them down at night.

Looking forward to my next cruise.... 6/2005
Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:09 PM
my $.02

Put the luggage under the bed. Save's a lot of space.
Old February 5th, 2004, 10:39 AM
McCall

Default Re: Re: Sleeping arrangements

"Put your luggage under the bed"

This only works if your luggage is small enough to fit under the bed
Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to MysteriousVxin

I don't know how much you are planning to spend and if you would want to do this . . .

BUT - as a suggestion - maybe you would want to book 2 rooms next to eachother - with you and one of your children in one room, and your husband and your other child in the other and then switch! And i'm only suggesting that b/c of storage reasons! (We had NO room for our suit cases - they had to stand upright when we slept and on the bed when we were moving around! and that was just 2 of us in a room!!)

I cruised in July with my parents and my brother - I am 23 and he is 17 - due to the age restrictions in the room we had to book it that my mom and I were sharing a room and my dad and brother were sharing a room. (we booked the 2 rooms next to eachother) and when we got onboard - my parents went into their room and my brother and I went into our room. Maybe it worked b/c I'm older and looked of age - but no one said anything to us!

Past Cruises:
Sept. 5, 2004 - Norwegian Dawn
July 18, 2004 - Carnival Legend
Sept. 4, 2003 - RCCL - Serenade of the Sea
July 13, 2003 - RCCL - Nortic Empress
Old March 24th, 2004, 07:59 PM
First Mate

This instructions are from the "message board tricks" Add the link into your signature.

COUNTDOWN CLOCK:
Change the numbers in the date to match your sail date.

To add a link to your message:
URL's enclosed in will be converted to links.
Enclose the URL inside a pair of square brackets, like this:

your URL

Be sure to include the entire link, including the "http://"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old March 25th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Admiral

another option instead of booking two rooms is to book a mini-suite - usually it ends up being cheaper than booking two rooms. Many different room configurations. Some cabins that sleep 4 have 1 bunk over the two twins- and one over the seating arrangement. (not my favorite) floor space is limited, as is closet space and bathroom space. If your boys are on the tall or large size - you will be very crammed into a quad room. We did the mini-suite and loved that extra room, we weren't tripping over eachother and our luggage.
Old March 29th, 2004, 09:19 AM
mypugbuddy

I will be traveling with a bunch of women so this question isn't for this cruise, but I was just wondering about this for the future: I am part of a family of 5 (3 small children all within 20 months of each other). Can a family such as mine all travel in the same room?

Tammy
Old April 22nd, 2004, 08:00 PM
atinwhite

we are a family of 5. we have 3 kids 12,14 &16. Las year we cruised on carnival all in one cabin. It was a little tight especially with 2 sloppy teenage girls () but it saved a lot of money and we would do it again . This year we are going on RCCL and cannot put 5 in one room. I'm sure we will appreciate 2 bathrooms but I'd rather save the extra money for excursions, etc.