Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2004, 12:57 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Micheled
Default 1st time cruiser to Alaska

Hello all,

My husband and I have booked a cruise to alaska for July on Royal Carribean. I can't wait but getting a bit nervous. I read all the information listed on the website (very helpful by the way) and I still have no idea what to pack. I know that there will be at least two formal nights. Also we picked 5 shore excursions but I think that we need to pare it down. We are thinking of going on the rain forest walk of discovery (Juneau), horsepack riding (Skagway), Klondike Rock climbing/Repelling (Skagway), and Wilderness cruise and rainforest expoloration (Ketchikan). Anyone do any of these and could let me know what you think? We were thinking of going on a whale watching and wildlife quest but i decided not to because we will see a lot on the cruise.

What kind of clothes should we bring? We are 30 somthing and don't really like to dress up and not sure what to expect as for others on the cruise and don't want to look wrong lol. I was thinking of a nice sweat outfit during the day that way I would be warm enough and then maybe jeans and such for our excursions.

Thanks for any help
Michele
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:44 AM
cruisin'

Default Re: 1st time cruiser to Alaska

We will be in Alaska in July. With whom did you book your climbing/repelling trip? I'd be interested in working with an independent contractor. Thanks!
Old March 22nd, 2004, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: 1st time cruiser to Alaska

Hi Michele,
You may want to read through the Alaska guide for 2003, some great ideas and tips:

Alaska guide

As for packing, when we went I packed t-shirts, sweat shirts and was able to layer the clothing as needed. I even did pack a pair or 2 of shorts, yes it did get warm enough to wear them. Also take gloves and hats for the colder excursions.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 22nd, 2004, 02:13 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Micheled
Default Re: Re: 1st time cruiser to Alaska

We are booking that through the cruise line. Which cruise line are you going on? I am not sure who is actually doing it though. Sorry I was not any help.

Michele