Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Which nights are formal?

We're sailing on Navigator April 10. Does anyone know how I can tell which nights are formal, informal, and casual? Thank you for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Which nights are formal?

I have tried to find that out before my ships have left and never got a good answer. I can tell you the rule of thumb is the second night is usally the formal, casuals are nights you are docked somewhere, and the last formal (if there is one) is the last night of the cruise or the night you leave your last port.

I know that does not help too much but it gives you an idea.
Old April 6th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Yeoman

Formal nights are usually on sea days, the second and the next to last night. On the last night you have to get your packed luggage out to the hall so it can be picked up during the night. So, in general, that would not be formal night.

Carnival Inspiration
Old April 6th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Admiral

and it will be posted daily in your ships newsletter. Formal nights are usually the night of your first full day at sea. and the night of your last full day at sea. (Second to last night)
First and last nights are always casual. Port days are usually casual. Ask your TA exactly how many of each you will have or look at your information booklet it will be in there usually under the FAQ section.