We are sailing on the Enchantment of the Seas on June 7. Our daughter is getting married onboard in Fort Lauderdale before we sail to Key West, Cozemal, and Belize city. We are all first time cruisers so here are some questions:
1. Has anyone else been to a wedding onboard Enchantment?
2. Does enchantment have a basketball court or rock climbing wall?
3. What is the attire for dining for the "non-formal" nights for women?
4. We have to be at port by 10:30 for check-in due to the wedding. How much can we carry on (since we have to get ready for the wedding)?
5. Any other info you could give would be most helpful.
Although I have not been on a wedding on the Enchantment of the Seas, my family and I just returned from a cruise on this beautiful ship. You will not be disappointed in the setting. The ceremony will probably be performed in the Centrum with the beautiful staircase in the background. Royal Caribbean does a beautiful job at everything and will go to great length to make this a wonderful experience for your daughter and her family. You can bring anything on board that you want when you embark as long as you carry it on yourself. I would call Royal Caribbean and ask them to give you some advise on this. Did you go through a wedding planner? Attire for dinner in the main dining room is always a little nicer than usual from what I saw but not really dressy except on formal night.. I had read on the message boards that dressing for formal night was nothing to stress about so I wore a simple black coctail dress on formal night that I would have been more comfortable in on Smart Casual night. I saw a lot of women in full length beautiful dresses and they looked lovely. My husband, myself, and my two daughters all wore black and got more dressed up than usual and had our picture taken which was nice. This is a beautiful ship and we felt really special in the main dining room. On the nights that we wanted to stay casual and comfortable we ate in the Windjammer Cafe. Our wishes for a memorable and special day with your daughter. Have a wonderful cruise.
The Miller Family
My sister and I just cruised the April 26-May 1st, 5-day cruise - Ft. Laud / Key West / Cozumel / Belize City itinerary and it WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!
1) Didn't see any weddings, just the bride-to-be in her hat & veil walking around... We went on our Belize extreme cave tubing with a couple from Jacksonville who got married in Ft. Lauderdale (or Key West), but not on the boat. They mentioned that it was so much cheaper to do in on land instead of on the ship...
2) No basketball court (that I saw), but there is a rock climbing wall.
3) Non-formal nights I wore: nice denim skirt (not a mini...), nicer cotton shirt, slides for shoes; fancier black dress (strappy) with strappy shoes; black linen capris with black nylon/poly strappy tank-shirt. Formal night, I wore a stretchy-fitted gold lamme' long gown with pearls.
4) I think you can carry on as much as you need to... it's not quite the mentality as carry-on items for an airplane. Especially if you have the wedding on the ship - they'll do almost anything to help out, I'm sure. The staff on the ship was OUTSTANDING!!!
5) Again, the staff and crew on the ship was wonderful. Our headwaiter was a Polish man - quite a funny guy. Our main waitress was named Adina, she was such a sweety and paid so much attention to our group of tables - she was incredible. Our room steward was a man named Ashley - he was a cutie, too. Much attention to detail was spent on our room. All the bartenders (except one) were super friendly. The spa people were fantastic (Michelle was great). I had a wonderful pedicure on the ship... well, it was horrible from the standpoint of massage, etc... but the color lasted nearly 2 and a half weeks!!! I have never had a pedicure last that long!!! The massage and facial were okay... but the people were very nice... and it was relaxing! If you are patient, you can find a chair or two by the pool... go during the off times and it won't be a problem (early morning, lunch time, mid-afternoon). Don't be a chair hog, though, just because everyone else is seeming to do it. You'll find a chair...
I hope this helps - email me if you have any other questions!!!