Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2004, 11:13 AM
kate1055

Default An Older Woman

I'm going on my first cruise in 2 weeks on the QM2 and I'm so stressed over whether or not I'll have the right clothing, how I will look among all the younger women (as my boyfriend is younger than me). I wanted to tone up before the cruise and joined a gym but my mother has been sick and I haven't gotten there half as much as I would have liked. I'm just totally unprepared for this. My boyfriend is a veteran. He does about 3 cruises per year, as he is a musician. Any suggestions on de-stressing?
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2004, 01:45 PM
akennedy

Default Re: An Older Woman

Wear what you like and what makes you feel good. You may not look good in those tops and pants that show your belly button. Do your own thing....
Old April 27th, 2004, 01:54 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

Kate -

This is YOUR vacation, do not let it be ruined by worrying about what others think. I did that the whole week I was in Cancun last year and it took so much away from the fun I would be having if I didnt do all the worrying.
There will be people of all ages and sizes on any ship you go on, so dont worry about impressing the other cruisers or trying to fit in. Go and have a great time. Wear comfortable clothes and things that make you feel good about yourself.

That ship is BEAUTIFUL - enjoy it!!!

~Carey

Old April 27th, 2004, 01:57 PM
KATE1055

Default Re: Re: An Older Woman

Thanks for the words of advice. I'm going to attempt to enjoy myself as much as I can, since this will probably be the last vacation of its kind for awhile!!
Old April 28th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Yeoman

kate

your boyfriend must like you the way you are so i would concentrate on that and not stress so much on others opinions.

i am a 'young at heart ' 54 yr old, showing some age, who traveled single on my first cruise last year and worried way too much about what other passengers where going to think of me. i had a great time and others included me and did not inspect me as i thought they would. just be your self, have a great time and make sure you and your boyfriend have a great time.

Old April 28th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Admiral

don't stress over your wardrobe, wear what makes you feel good and beautiful. Think clean, classic,elegant lines. You can't go wrong with a long black skirt and a beautiful silk blouse or add some pizzaz with a sparkly blouse. A nice cocktail dress is just fine for the evenings. As for the day, if its hot and you want to wear shorts by all means go ahead, if you feel more comfortable wearing capris or a nice pair of linen or cotton pants then please do so.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:15 PM
Admiral

No one will remember what you wore because they are all so worried about how they look themselves - beleive me clothes on board run the whole gamut - dress for YOU and you boyfriend - then you will look just perfect - have a great time TTFN Jennifer
Old May 2nd, 2004, 09:55 PM
Admiral

Don't worry at all !!!!!!!!!!!

You will see the same conglomeration of people on the ship as you will see in the mall. All shapes, sizes, and colors. They will be wearing the same variance of clothing. Some will be in tank tops and baggy shorts, others will be in fine attire.

Don't worry, you will fit in just fine with whatever you wear and nobody will care, as they shouldn't.

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 7th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Nevermind! Have a great time.

Voyager of the Seas 7/05
Voyager of the Seas 8/04