This is reposted from the Royal Caribbean board becuase nobody responded. I hope someone can answer my questions in here!
I have been reading the various posts and have learned a lot already but I just have a couple of questions specific to the cruise I'm looking at (4 night Bahamas on Majesty in January '05). I have cruised before on Carnival Celebration with my Mom and so I know what crusing is like and generally how things work but this time I'm setting it up and going with just my husband so any advice would be great!
1. Is cruising in mid-January a bad idea? Is it too cold to enjoy? I like temps in the 70-80 range so I'm not expecting too hot.
2. Is it too late to book now for January? I heard that the good prices can only be gotten 18 months in advance.
3. Flying into Ft. Lauderdale (from Denver) is a lot less expensive than flying into Miami but I am concerned how we are going to get to the port of Miami from Ft. Lauderdale. If we come in the day before the cruise leaves and stay at a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, do we need to go back to the FLL airport and take the bus transfer from there? I know we can take a cab but wouldn't it be like $80?
4. Are there any Slot / Black Jack tournaments, late night comedians or topless sun tanning decks? My husband and I would like these activities the best.
5. Is it easy to book the cruise yourself through Royal Caribbean directly? Anyone experience difficulties doing this? Any magic phrases to say to get a good price?
6. Is there any deck NOT to book a stateroom? Where is the water level anyway?
7. Is there an internet cafe on this ship? How easy is it to use? How about a sports bar? Can you watch sports (football) on your room TV?
8. Are the twin beds pushed together to make a queen already when you get there or do we have to sleep seperate?
9. Is there any way to request a 2 person or window table in the dining room?
10. Anything to know about the food? Is any dish a must have, anything to stay away
11. Are the obstructed view room a total waste of money or are they a good way to save some money?
That is about all I have, sorry for the tons of questions. Please reply if you have advice for a couple of 23 year old newlyweds looking to have a great vacation without spending a fortune!