Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2004, 09:29 PM
angel

Default Age Groups

Please can someone tell me if many people in their late teens/early twenties will be on a cruise??? I'm hoping to go on a Mediterranean Cruise next summer with my best friend, and I'm kind of worried, no one our age will be on the boat. We'll be 18/19 by that time. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Age Groups

so many factors to think about. A lot depends upon which cruise line you are sailing on, how long your cruise is, when you are going and where you are sailing to and from. Med. cruises typically attract an older crowd from America
Old July 31st, 2004, 01:24 AM
Yeoman

Angel, are you travelling with your family? If not, if this is just a way for you to see Europe may I suggest that you and your friend not cruise, but instead take a Contiki tour. They are just for 18 tio 35 yr olds, but mostly get 18 to 28 yr olds. They are very experienced in Europe, have many different tours, and you will see more Europe that way , and with all younger folks.
I know this is a cruise board, and I LOVE cruising , but Europe for the young is a wonderful experience, I did when I was 23 , and my best friend and I had the best time!If you are paying for this yourself , you will be able to tour for 14 days for what you would pay to cruise for 7-10.
They have a great web site, just type in Contiki Tours .

No , I don't work for them!!! JUst wish I could! I'm now a middle aged house wife and mom, who has never forgotten what it is to be young and travelling through Europe with a great bunch of like minded people!
Old August 9th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Yeoman

I also worry if you are traveling alone, what the age requirements are to go on a cruise. I know that the US cruise lines have an age limit when you can travel without an adult.