Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Passenger

Default First time cruising,, questions..

HI All,

My husband and I are leaving next Thursday on the Carnival Victory to Novia Scotia.. I have a few questions..we plan on taking a bus into NYC from Ct. then from the Bus to the Boat.. I know I have to take a taxi, but am wondering about traffic,, we have one bus that arrives in NYC at 11am and one at 1pm.. our boat leaves at 6pm.. what time should we get in NYC.. ... Also,, how do I find out exactly how much the excersions are in Novia Scotia.. We were looking at a double decker bus tour.. and another one that was inexpensive... If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks..

Audra
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2004, 12:17 PM
First Mate

Default Re: First time cruising,, questions..

I can only help with the arrival time part of your question. My advice is arrive early. In Miami, although the ship doesn't leave till 4pm, they start letting people on by around 11 or so. We were on board, had been to our cabin, explored around a bit and were having lunch on the lido deck by noon. that way, you get a few extra hours on the ship to explore before it gets full. i would assume that other ports and ships are the same. hope this helps.
Old August 15th, 2004, 06:40 PM
alaboard

Default Re: First time cruising,, questions..

manhattan traffic is always slow it could take anywhere from 15-45 minutes to go crosstown. i'm an early freak i would rather arrive early than late,