Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2004, 04:51 PM
tobi smith

Default 2nd cruise.. How to choose a balcony?

How do I pick which balcony I want to be in?. I called to book a guarantee balcony and was advised that if I booked the cruise within 48 hours, I could choose any balcony on any deck that is not currently booked and get if for the same price. Okay, so this will be our 2nd cruise and our first time in a balcony. How do I select?

Ship. Carnival Triumph.

I've looked at the deck plans and can't honestly say that I understand it all. How can I tell what rooms are right underneath a restaurant, club, etc... Is it better to be in the front or back of the ship?
What questions should I ask and what should I pay attention to? Help?????
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2004, 11:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: 2nd cruise.. How to choose a balcony?

On the Triumph I think the best location is somewhere on Empress Deck. You have a one deck "buffer" to the public rooms below and above...so noise from any of those areas won't be a concern.

I personally don't care for cabins forward; finding the motion near the bow (front) is more noticeable.

So anything middle, back would be my choice.

Old September 9th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Rafael

The way the the guarantee works is that when you book you are guaranteed a balcony 8A or any thing above that. you will not get your cabin assignment to you go get onboard the ship. The advantages of having a guarantee is that you can pay for an 8a and get upgraded for free to a higher category or deck. If you really do not mind where on board the ship you are at I would suggest that. If you want to get a specific section of the ship or deck then the best thing would be cabin assignment. hope this helps you. if you have any other question contact your T.A. for more info or you could contact me as well I am a T.A.

TraveLeaders
800-810-0291 ext 219
rgarces@traveleaders.com
Rafael Garces.
Old September 9th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Rafael

sorry i did not finish reading the other questions. The best way to tell what is on top or underneath you is to have a broschure in front of you. The deck plans on line really do not show you not unless u look at the deck you are on and then check out the deck on top off you and see what is in the same area you are in. I alway sugest the middle if that is not avialable i would go futher back. If you need a broschure you could go to any local T.A. and get one. I could send you one as well just email me your contact info and i will get one out today. Thanks

Rafael Garces
TraveLeaders
rgarces@traveleaders.com
800-810-0891 ext 219
Old September 10th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Yeoman

I haven't been on that ship , but I second the don't get a cbin nearr the front of the ship advise.
We had a cabin at the front of a ship once and we really felt the motion more than we usaully ever do. We were also on a high deck. so pick a lower mid deck cabin.
Old September 10th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Admiral

Tobi - its all about location, location,location. If you can get a specific balcony cabin for a great rate, i would jump on it. You really need to look at a detailed map of the ship from the brochures to really decide. My personal preference is something midships on a middle deck. I like to have a deck of staterooms between my deck and a deck that has the night clubs, bars, discos and restaurants - it acts as a buffer. Also the higher the decks the more sway you will feel and the lower the decks the more ships engine motion you will feel. I also like to be fairly close to the main stairwells and elevators for the convenience.
Old October 25th, 2004, 03:57 AM
Kim Sta

Default Re: Re: 2nd cruise.. How to choose a balcony?

Hi

We went on the triumph last year and had a cat 8a, number 6000 something!

We seemed to be in the middle, quite near a set of lifts and it was fine - cant say we noticed any movement, views were fine - was perfectly happy with it.

Have a great cruise!
Old October 31st, 2004, 09:25 AM
Admiral

2 factors:

1. whether movement bothers you
2. whether you need a quiet cabin

Noise was a bit of a factor on our last cruise. We were right above the main theatre and it was VERY noisy when the shows were on.

We aren't bothered by motion, so are lusting after one of the aft balcony cabins. The view off the back of the ship is fabulous.

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004