Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Beginner

Default How in the world does Cruise Insurance work

Hi,

I just put down my deposits for my 14 day (2 7 day back to back) cruise on Carnival going to both the East and West Caribbean in Dec 2005. I really don't plan on getting cruise insurance until it gets closer like 6 months out or so.

With that being said, what is the whole pre-existing condition and 14 days after deposit thing.

Since I am completely healthy, doesn't that mean that I have no pre-existing condition and thus it wouldn't pertain to me anyways. Or does that mean even if I purchase the insurance way in advance and then get the flu right before my trip in December 2005, they still won't cover a new illness just because I didn't purchase 14 days from the deposit date.

Post Edited (11-07-04 22:42)
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Default Re: How in the world does Cruise Insurance work

Pre-existing condition is something like Diabetis, Cancer, Heart Disease,etc chronic illness. It has nothing to do with new sickness.
Old November 9th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Why would you not purchase the cruise insurance now?
Old November 9th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Beginner

The reason for the hesitation was because the way it was explained to me, I thought that i had to by 2 seperate policies since I am taking two cruises back to back.

However, it has now been explained to me that as long as I am not going home betweem cruises, I only need one policy. I agree that there really isn't any reason why I shouldn't get the insurance and will. I plan to go with travelex which doesn't need to be purchased until 11/29/04.