CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   First-Time Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/)
-   -   8A/8C What's the difference? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/279016-8a-8c-whats-difference.html)

Atlertx February 21st, 2005 06:42 PM

8A/8C What's the difference?

I was quoted & put a deposit on a 8C balcony on the Conquest. Upon reviewing the paperwork from my TA it says my stateroom is a 8A balcony. I contacted him and this was his response:

You are priced at an 8A.. but have a 2 Category upgrade. =) Our system just doesn't reflect it like that. However, if you check your cabin assignment, you'll see that you are indeed booked in an 8C.

How would I know the difference? Is it the location of my cabin? What exactly is the difference between the gradings? What defines the difference in price?

Donna February 21st, 2005 06:54 PM

Re: 8A/8C What's the difference?

Hi Atlerex,
Yes, basically the difference in the cabins is the location. Always check a deck plan when booking a specific cabin, look and see whats above and below you. Sounds like you have a good deal, read through your conformation papers carefully when you get them, make sure the correct cabin number is listed and that you are paying the price you were quoted..

LisaK February 22nd, 2005 09:36 AM

you basically answerd your own question, its all about location, location, location, look at your deck plans and see what is around, near, above or below.

Dorothy February 22nd, 2005 08:06 PM

Look in your Carnival brochure, or online at Carnival's website to find your cabin number. The numbers are color coded and you will be able to confirm that you are indeed in an 8C rather than an 8A. *Some* 8C's have an extended balcony.

dorothy

Atlertx February 22nd, 2005 10:08 PM

Thanks everyone for your input. I was able to confirm that I was upgraded to 8C. It's so nice to have this site. Everyone has been very helpful. Happy Cruisin'

-Rob March 23rd, 2005 04:25 PM

no 8c's have extended balconies, so dont get your hopes up about that.... Thats one thing i like about the spirit class ships, their extened balconies, are a lot bigger than the normal ones, for just a lil increase in price... the once bigger balconies on the conquest are if you book like a cat 9. But to answer your question, you moved from Upper deck 6, to Verandah deck 8. =) HAve FuN

-Rob

Dorothy March 26th, 2005 01:45 PM

Rob, on Conquest class ships, there are no extended balconies in the 8 class, but on Spirit class ships, 8C's, 8E's, 8G's and 8I's ALL have extended balconies.

dorothy

Post Edited (03-26-05 12:46)

-Rob March 26th, 2005 04:30 PM

yup, we sailed the pride and had a normal balcony and our friend had a cabin w/ extended... it was a big difference, especially when u consider how little it is to uprade to. Wish the conquest class ships had them.
-Rob

Dorothy March 26th, 2005 10:07 PM

Rob,

Glad to hear there is such a difference. The square footage certainly seems to be a LOT more, but the configuration seems kinda strange. We are so hoping the balcony seems dramatically bigger! Of course, I've wanted an aft balcony, so will be happy no matter what....

dorothy