Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Beginner

Default very first cruise

hi..we are scheduled for a cruise over thanksgiving on the voyager of the seas with my parents. they have a balcony cabin and we are across the hall, overlooking the promenade. we have never been, as my parents go once or twice a year. and it being over a holiday makes it more exciting. is there any other first timer websites? how much clothes do i bring? will i get seasick? i just have so many questions and its only april but im getting very excited. thanks in advance for your help
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: very first cruise

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/firsttime/

The above is a link to our first timers section of feature articles. If you haven't spent some time reading the first time articles already, I'd think you'll find them helpful.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 18th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Admiral

You probably also want to visit the Royal Caribbean board, too. Have fun.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:19 PM
SharkBoy

Well, it depends on where you are going. If you are sailing to the southern caribbean bring your summer beach gear. It just depends you can check forecasts for cities worldwide at weather.com.

Late November is usually pretty calm in the Caribbean, but you are at sea and storms do happen. Get the seasickness patch from your DR. and youll be set.

Spend your time between now and then researching your ports and the things to do. Weather and seasickness are the least of your concerns.
Old May 10th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Cruizer2004

We all overpack. What I do ahead of time is make cartoon drawings (no kidding) of my clothes and take it with me when I go shopping. They always say to stick to about 3 colors and plan your wardrobe around that. Suppose you like red, white and blue? Make the neutral color (white) the bottom. Now you can do red top, white shorts, or blue top and white shorts. Expand this to white pants. Mix and match but always keep in the same 3 (or 4) colors. You won't have to take that much that way. I also found that if you get some space bags that compress by rolling them up, you will be able to take more. You might have to be more careful that they are folded well so they don't wrinkle as much. As for getting seasick, unless you are the type with a delicate stomach, most likely you won't even notice unless you get into rough seas. In that case, go down to the doctor for a shot. I have a feeling you will like being on a ship enough that you will want to go again. And most of all, enjoy yourself!
Old June 8th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Chris Krondon

Default Rockin' out with my co ck out

Hi everyone..this will be my first singles cruise in September and I am super excited!! I hope there are lots of single boys!! I love to fish, rock out and play the violin. I am bringing it with me so if I meet that special someone, I will serenade you until you fall head over heals.
See you soon!!
Chris

Old June 10th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Admiral

The secret to packing is mix and match - stick to one basic colour group - then it's easy. That being said I probaby pack and unpack three or four times each trip lol. Can you say obsessive - it's all part of the fun. This board is a great spot to research everthing! The more you look into things the more excited you will become and by the time you actually cruise you will feel like a pro. Enjoy the anticipation. TTFN Jennifer
Old June 10th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Admiral

you've come to the right place.