Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Yeoman

Default mom w/10 year old First cruise..what to do?

So, I am booked, paid, and now reading about cruises. I wanted to do something really special for my son due to staying on the honor role all year last year, and attempting it again this year. So, we are going on the CCL Conquest.

The difficulties are: I will be, if Camp Carnival is what they say it is, pretty much on my own. I will be joining another couple with their 3 kids on this cruise, but I haven't heard much about what singles, who aren't single, do on a ship for 7 days.

After all, this is a fun ship, so how much fun can a loner really have what with all the couples on board?
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2005, 01:40 AM
Captain

there are alot of thigs to do each night you will get a ship newpaper
each night for the next day will give you all kinds of information
and what going on the ship or can just relax its up to you what you want to do
Old October 21st, 2005, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I just cruised the end of August with my two kids and one of my daughter's friends and still had a great time. I found plenty to do both with and without the kids. Check you capers for each days activities. I found there were other singles on the ship with their kids and met up with other couples too. If you get involved and just strike up a conversation(s) with those around you, you'll make friends on board in no time.
Old October 21st, 2005, 11:13 AM
Admiral

first off congratualtions to your son!!
Not to worry you will find plenty to do on board either with our without your son. He doesn't have to attend camp all the time. If there is something he wants to do at camp great, if he just wants to hang out with you and do something, that's great too.
Old October 28th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to AmazingAngel

I would like to say WAY TO GO and Congrats as well to your son. The cruise will be a great reward for a job well done. There are so many things for the both of you to do. Be it during the day or the evening. Camp carnival he will love, our first cruise we did not bring our kids but they are coming with us this time. We really checked into what camp carnival had to offer for the kids while we were onboard and from what we seen and heard kids of all ages seemed to be having a blast. My kids cant wait to go. Have fun, join in the fun and excitement or just sit back and relax! Congrats once again!!
Old November 2nd, 2005, 08:49 PM
Passenger

One of the great things about a cruise is the social environment. Traditionally people are very open and willing to socialize, as long as you are open and willing to start a conversation, you will have lots of fun.