Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2006, 06:21 PM
First Mate

You should have the docs in hand any day now and I want to see you on here doing the doc dance . We head out a week from tomorrow for our 9 day cruise (staying a night at DH's cousin's house the night before). After today we can begin saying "this is our last Tues here before cruise, our last Wed here, etc".....can't wait but it still doesn't seem real!
5/'06 Celebrity Zenith
6/'06 Carnival Legend
9/25/06 Carnival Legend
10/29/06 11 nite NCL Spirit
2/4/2007 Carnival Legend
May 14-25th, Carnival Fascination...3 B2B's
9/24/07 Carnival Miracle
11/7/07 Carnival Miracle
1/14/08 Fascination
1/18/08 Carnival Miracle (Platinum on this one!)
2/25/08 Fascination
4/21 & 4/26/08 B2B on the Imagination
Future cruises:
9/7/08 Legend
11/16/08 Legend
1/26 & 1/31 Destiny B2B
Old April 10th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Admiral

Seattleguy,
yes we are really shortimers now! Mike wrote a very nice review of his just finished cruise on the Statendam on the homepage of cruisemates. He sent us some good emails too about the weather in China which were very helpful.

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old April 11th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Popsex-you bet I will be here doin the doc dance! It looks like your 2nd cruise starts right around the time mine ends. What ports of call will you be visiting on these cruises?

Richstacy-Have a great time; we will be thinking of you.
Old April 11th, 2006, 07:56 PM
First Mate

We'll be going to Hispaniola, St Maarten, San Juan and Bermuda on the April 19th cruise. I'm taking my mom on a 7 night cruise to Bermuda in May and we go to Mexico, Key West, Grand Caymen and Jamaica in Oct Life is good! Can't wait to hear all abt your cruise when you get back. I'll also want to hear how soon you book your second cruise
5/'06 Celebrity Zenith
6/'06 Carnival Legend
9/25/06 Carnival Legend
10/29/06 11 nite NCL Spirit
2/4/2007 Carnival Legend
May 14-25th, Carnival Fascination...3 B2B's
9/24/07 Carnival Miracle
11/7/07 Carnival Miracle
1/14/08 Fascination
1/18/08 Carnival Miracle (Platinum on this one!)
2/25/08 Fascination
4/21 & 4/26/08 B2B on the Imagination
Future cruises:
9/7/08 Legend
11/16/08 Legend
1/26 & 1/31 Destiny B2B
Old April 14th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Richstacy-Oh my gosh, I just saw your countdown clock, you have 0 days and 16 hours, I'm so happy for you.

Popsec-well, its just a warm-up dance for now. I did go online and fill out the immigration forms and printed out my boarding pass and cruise contract. It made it much more real and I feel better knowing everything is in order. Now the docs themselves are merely gravy and not stuff I absolutely have to have to get on the ship. I'll be thinking of you in 5 days. I'm doing the same thing you are. Now that its under a month I can start saying 3 weeks from, then 2 weeks from, etc. rather than 1 month and 1 week to go. And how I'm really going to be excited when I can say "this Sunday" as I'm sure your getting a kick out of right now.

Next Saturday the first ship of the season arrives in Seattle, so I'm going to go down to the cruise terminal and welcome her in, that will be a fun activity. Do other people that live near embarkation points do that?
Old May 17th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Passenger

Sound like me, glad to see that my self diagnosis of OCD is not true it is really cruisitis. We are going on our first one in August and I have lists of clothes I need to buy, clothes I have, saving money from my "personal" allowance that I get weekly so I can afford souvenirs, a spa visit, or whatever and not feel guilty. I'm even forgoing lunches on Friday and getting thrilled as my little personal cruise fund grows. I have a list of books to buy that I want to read. I actually feel that I am getting behind in my work since I spend so much time on this website, luckily it is a slow time right now. We filled out for our passports yesterday and I think I skipped all the way into the courthouse. Hubby thinks I have gone overboard and need to chill or I will be disappointed. But I don't care, as you all say this is just like Christmas was as a child.
Old May 18th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Admiral

First time cruiser - consider arriving a day before boarding in your port, especially if the port is new to you. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cejay
Sound like me, glad to see that my self diagnosis of OCD is not true it is really cruisitis. We are going on our first one in August and I have lists of clothes I need to buy, clothes I have, saving money from my "personal" allowance that I get weekly so I can afford souvenirs, a spa visit, or whatever and not feel guilty. I'm even forgoing lunches on Friday and getting thrilled as my little personal cruise fund grows. I have a list of books to buy that I want to read. I actually feel that I am getting behind in my work since I spend so much time on this website, luckily it is a slow time right now. We filled out for our passports yesterday and I think I skipped all the way into the courthouse. Hubby thinks I have gone overboard and need to chill or I will be disappointed. But I don't care, as you all say this is just like Christmas was as a child.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas