CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   First-Time Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/)
-   -   Comments from a 1st time cruiser. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/305162-comments-1st-time-cruiser.html)

free@53 December 12th, 2005 12:07 PM

Comments from a 1st time cruiser.

My wife and I have just returned Sat. Dec.10 from a 7 day Carribean cruise. Let me describe to you in one word how we both feel about cruising.

[/b]AWESOME[b]

Here's my biggest word of advice to all of you 1st time cruisers, DO NOT BE CONCERNED ABOUT WHAT YOU READ IN THESE CHAT ROOMS.

Many are negative talks about people simply complaining, stay away from these don't even read them.

Our cruise as described above was simply awesome, why? becuase my wife of 32 years made it that way. You decide what type of cruise you will have not anyone else.

We sailed on the Navigator of the Seas. Here are my scores on a scale of 1 - 10.

Waiters....10

Head waiter....10

Ass.t waiter....07 (only because he was shy)

Windjammer restaurant host.... 20 (This person was just full of positive energy which sets the tone of the day.

ship......10

bar waiters....20

Any way you get the jist, the waiters meet you for the first time and will remember what your name is and what your drinking.

We met so many wonderful people on the trip, simply by saying hello, or good morning (afternoon) you can tell those who want to talk and those that don't.

If you would like more info. email me at cruiselover50@yahoo.ca

Donna December 12th, 2005 04:02 PM

Hi "New" Cruiselover,
So glad you had such a positive expierence on your first cruise and it sounds like you would of had a great time no matter what. Some people let the small things get in the way of enjoying a wonderful vacation.

Feel free to write a review, you can upload it here:

Members reviews

I'm sure there are other cruisers out there that would love to hear all about Navigtor. YOu can also post pictures in the Cruisemates Photo Gallery.

So, do you have the next cruise booked yet and if so, what ship?

Thomas December 13th, 2005 08:23 AM

Congratulations............you're hooked I can tell.

Isn't it depressing to have to come back to the real world?

Regards,
Thomas

LisaK December 13th, 2005 01:33 PM

Welcome, we love to hear from first-timers.

paddletoe53 December 19th, 2005 11:47 AM

i'm glad you had a great time on your frist cruise and you are right
you can make your cruise any why you went it last year i took my mom
on her frist cruise together we planned everything what ship, port of call
and shore trips we had fun doing that and the cruise was great i now have her hook on crusing that were going again next fall

MaryLou December 19th, 2005 12:22 PM

Consider yourself addicted like the rest of us. I'm so glad you had a great time!

mehawk January 15th, 2006 10:30 AM

I had a fun time as well on my first cruise. In fact, I might place a little thread asking about other first timers also.