Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2006, 05:48 PM
Beginner

Default Best ship/cruise line for early 30 some year-old single

Hello to all!

Being mighty close to complete burn-out, I decided to take some time off and for a change, decided on going on a cruise...

Any suggestions???

Many thanks to All in advance,
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I would recommend either Carnival or Royal Carribean. Both lines tend to attract a younger crowd. We've been on both lines and found a lot of people on board in their 30's-50's. Haven't cruised Princess yet but someone else might be able to give you more info on that line. I've also found it tends to be a younger crowd on the 4-5 day cruises. Hope this helps.
Old January 5th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Admiral

so much depends upon what you are looking for. If you are looking for a lively, party cruise with great shows and nightlife then i would look into Carnival or RCCL.
If you are looking for a casual-elegant cruise that still has lots of activites and nightlife then look into Princess
If you want something laid-back, a bit more elegant and more of a "traditional" cruise experience then look into Celebrity or Holland America.
If you are looking for beautiful beaches and great shopping then pick an Eastern route.
If you want something a bit more active, more adventure then pick a Western route (swim with Sting Rays, climb waterfalls, snorkel, dolphin swims etc)
If you are looking to experience more of the local culture/history and flavor of the Caribbean then pick a Southern route.
I would recommend sitting down with a travel agent - one who has lots of cruise experience and just pick his/her brain.
Old January 15th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Carnival is the one for you. They do have iteneraries (sic) for singles and that will keep you busy and, hopefully, happy and satisfied!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.