Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Beginner

Default royal caribbean vs princess

We have a group of 6 adults wishing to cruise next Feb. ('07). We are considering the newest ships at Royal Caribbean (Freedom of the Seas) and Princess (Crown Princess). Any comments on how the two lines compare would be appreciated. Princess leaves from San Juan while RCI leaves from Miami. Is either port better than the other? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Admiral

for me personally i think that the Freedom of the Seas is just waay to huge. You loose a lot in the personal attention and service on a vessel of that size. Sure it has lots of bells and whistles and things to do (surfing) but there is a trade-off.
Its really hard to compare line to line, its like comparing apples to oranges. Both have something to offer that is special, unique and different.
A couple of points to ponder: February is high cruise season for families with school-aged children - Freedom of the Seas will attract familes like a magnet(if that is a concern). Especially cruising out of Miami over San Juan.
Crown Princess out of SanJuan will attract more couples your age, being that a lot of familes just can't afford the airfare to San Juan.
Old January 10th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

With Royal you have fixed dining and with Princess you have personal choice only you can say which you all prefer. for me I will take the PC over fixed every time. Also Royal has more gimicky stuff rock walls ice rinks etc.
They really are different animals.

Miami is certainly cheaper for most people to get to than San Juan. Though I personally like the fact I am starting out in the Caribbean and do not have to make my way there.