Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Passenger

Default cruising Carnival Miracle March 19 seasickness

I am a first time cruiser going on the Miracle March 19. Anyone been on her? I was wondering about those "bracelets" they talk about anyone used those or is Gravol fine?
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Captain

try bodine it will works you can get in any durg store and you don,t get sleepy from it
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:15 AM
Admiral

cruisevirgin - unless you are prone to motion sickness when you ride in the car, fly, go on a train- chances are you won't need anything on your cruise. The ships have wonderful stabalizers. With that being said, it is always a good idea to pack the Bonnine as a back-up plan just in case.
The seabands work great if you get if you get the mild queezies when you fly, drive or ride.
I have had really great results with the ginger remedy. I get very mild queezies usually on the first day and ginger-ale - as long as it is made with real ginger and not just flavor, gingersnap cookies, crystalized ginger candy works great for me. You can also get ginger capsules at the drug or health food store.
Old January 31st, 2006, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I cruised the Miracle last April and am very prone to motion sickness. I brought Bonine with me and only took two pills the entire cruise. I found her to be very stable and felt little to no motion.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old January 31st, 2006, 10:59 PM
Passenger

Default motion sickness

Thanks for the great advice guys. I'm counting the days
Old February 3rd, 2006, 05:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Motion Sickness Bracelets

I have never tried the motion sickness bracelets, but I have had a lot of people tell me that they work.

I always cover myself as far as sea sickness goes. Everyone I have talked to has a different motion sickness cure. Personally, I use Bonine. Some people use Dramamine (makes me sleep) and still others use the patch. Another friend uses Ginger (I don't know the dosage). Someone was telling me one day that you can not take Ginger if you are on blood thinners.

You never know when the seas will get rough. Mother-nature does as she pleases. I have been sea sick on one cruise and trust me that was enough.