CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   First-Time Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/)
-   -   Can u pay Sail&Sighn card w/Credit card... tips too??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/first-time-cruisers/309800-can-u-pay-sail-sighn-card-w-credit-card-tips-too.html)

LadyInAwe February 28th, 2006 04:00 AM

Can u pay Sail&Sighn card w/Credit card... tips too???

I have a Certified Birth Certificate (raised seal) I was told that this was fine ... then some others said it was not, because I was going to leave the US ... is it? :-?

Cruise is leaving 05/27/2006 from Miami visiting Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios.

Thanks for help :)

New question below :arrow:

MaryLou February 28th, 2006 06:14 AM

Yes, that fine for now. A passport will be required for all travel by early next year.

LadyInAwe February 28th, 2006 06:30 AM

Another ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryLou
Yes, that fine for now. A passport will be required for all travel by early next year.

Thank you for reply. New so bear w/me (1st cruise) VERY excited! As a lot of you are. My family (6) spouse and 4 boys, are going... anyway, I read that on Carnival you have a sail and sign card... my ? is this, can you pay the card and your tips w/your American express? Or must I bring travelers checks for that? :shock:

Thanks in Advance :D

swannyb February 28th, 2006 07:01 AM

You can definitely use your American Express card to pay for the bill, here's the short of it. When your first board, they will set you up with the Sign & Sail Card. At that time, you can choose to have the charges at the end of the cruise go to the credit card of your choice. I use my AMEX all the time and will be again in less than two weeks. Carnival, NCL and RCCL are all basically identical on this concept.

LadyInAwe February 28th, 2006 07:11 AM

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by swannyb
You can definitely use your American Express card to pay for the bill, here's the short of it. When your first board, they will set you up with the Sign & Sail Card. At that time, you can choose to have the charges at the end of the cruise go to the credit card of your choice. I use my AMEX all the time and will be again in less than two weeks. Carnival, NCL and RCCL are all basically identical on this concept.

Thanks! So glad to hear that... 1 less worry. 8) :D

PinkBride21 March 1st, 2006 07:52 AM

I have a ? about this to...Can you set the SAil and Sign card up with a credit card, but instead of it going on the credit card pay the balence with cash?

wiscguy2 March 1st, 2006 08:03 AM

Yes... you can make cash payments on your sign and sail account whenever you want. Just go to the purser desk... have them scan your card and it will bring an up to date balance charged to your account, and then cash it out. Only drawback is on last day (especially in evening) many people are using the information desk to get change (for tipping) or have lots of questions about disembarkation the following morning so you usually will stand in line for a while.

dina March 1st, 2006 09:38 AM

We used a credit card . wiscguy2 is right.. the last day can be a pain. If you want, go the day before departure and pay on your account. Make sure you check it carefully. We had a excursion put on ours that we didn't order and didn't take. It was a bit of a pain to get that taken off. You don't want to be messing with that sort of thing when your trying to leave.